baumer

Weekend Thread....Please read the staff announcement pg 104 (Solo 29.2...DP 23.3...Adrift 11.5)

1 minute ago, Rthanos said:

The DL Friday ests for all films looking about right 

So 

$7.5M for Solo 

$6M for DP2 

$4.3M for Adrift or $3.57M for true Friday 

*No IW or other numbers. 

• Like 4

13 minutes ago, Jay Beezy said:

With current second weekend projections, Solo is not reaching 200M DOM.

yeah 220 is optimistic. if it can pull of 27-28 weekend for 119.6 + 27.5 = 147.1 cume, and then add 2.0-2.5x the weekend to it's cume the dom is 202.1-215.9 or 200-220 too be liberal either way. 170 + 210 = 380 probably is more realistic.

EDIT: Rth's update that 7.5 from Deadline is accurate makes ~27.5 tough to attain. Even giving great holds  7.5 + 11.5 (+53%) + 8.6 (-25%) = 27.6

Edited by A2k Rex

2 minutes ago, Nova said:

So 

$7.5M for Solo 

$6M for DP2 

*No IW or other numbers. 

good news actually for dp2. was worried about sub-20 because of thr.

6 + 8.1 (+35%) + 5.9 (-27%) = 20 should be base imo. fingers crossed for 20.5-21.0

• Like 1

Just now, A2k Rex said:

good news actually for dp2. was worried about sub-20 because of thr.

6 + 8.1 (+35%) + 5.9 (-27%) = 20 should be base imo. fingers crossed for 20.5-21.0

Yea if that $6M number holds, it should reach $20M imo 

I was a bit worried RTH was gonna come in here with some $4.5M number for DP2 but tbh that number didn't make sense to me cause it was doing fairly well at all the theaters around me. 

Really hoping it can get to $21M but will have to see how Saturday plays out 

• Like 1

I wish there was an IW number in order to get an idea of how Solo is playing. 

Right now if it and DP2s Friday hold they'll have increased a similar amount on Friday (roughly +70%) 

I wanna see how much IW increased by to get an idea of how Solo will play on Saturday. Thinking it'll fall somewhere between DP2 and IW Saturday increase 

13 minutes ago, Rthanos said:

The DL Friday ests for all films looking about right 

‘Deadline’ and ‘right’ in the same sentence, straight from Asgardian no less, sounds wrong somehow.

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

3 hours ago, Nova said:

So 

$7.5M for Solo 

$6M for DP2 

*No IW or other numbers. 

I'm really disappointed that Adrift had such a soft Friday.  Hopefully it gets some really good WoM and makes a push for 40 mill.  It's such a good movie.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Nova said:

Yea if that $6M number holds, it should reach $20M imo 

I was a bit worried RTH was gonna come in here with some $4.5M number for DP2 but tbh that number didn't make sense to me cause it was doing fairly well at all the theaters around me. 

Really hoping it can get to $21M but will have to see how Saturday plays out 

It makes 300 a long shot but 290-295 looks possible.  It will need some good holds in June weekdays in other to get there.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, baumer said:

I'm really disappointed that Adrift had such a soft Friday.  Hopefully it gets some really good WoM and makes a push for 40 mill.  It's such a good movie.

To be honest I feel like it got screwed over cause I know in the theaters around me it got stuck on all the smaller screens. Then again I guess that's what happens when you've got two "bigger" films so to speak. But I know at my theater it got screwed over and only got 5 show times. To compare Action Point got 6. I'm hoping my theater does the smart thing and takes away some of AP's showtimes and gives them to Adrift because at my theater at least it's been filling up the theater. 

Thats another way it reminds me of The Shallows. I remember during its OW, at the time EC said it prob could have went higher but it got screwed over by either theater count or the screens it was getting (I forget which one). But hopefully it does catch on and it can get a leggy run. 

Ill be watching it on Tuesday :) 

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, baumer said:

It makes 300 a long shot but 290-295 looks possible.  It will need some good holds in June weekdays in other to get there.

$300M was killed last week imo Even if it got to $23M this weekend, I feel like $300M wasn't gonna happen. MDW pretty much murdered its chances of getting there. 

*And I blame it on Flopolo taking away its PLF and IMAX screens :popcorn:

• Like 2

Really a horrible number for Solo, the worst post Memorial Day weekend drop ever I think? Films that dive that much don't really stabilize in their third weekend and it loses PLF to Incredibles 2, so it's likely looking at 3 more consecutive 50+% drops after this weekend.