baumer

Weekend Thread....Please read the staff announcement pg 104 (Solo 29.2...DP 23.3...Adrift 11.5)

4 minutes ago, Sam said:

Both Ultron and GOTG2 had a 1.4M Thu, then followed by 2.9M and 2.7M for Friday respectively.

IW 2.8M Friday falls in the middle of those two, so average the post Memorial Day weekends of Ultron and GOTG2 (11.4M and 9.8M) gets IW somewhere around 10.5M

Terrific numbers as always for Solo.

AIW has consistently had better w/e multipliers than AOU.   It should do $11- 11.2m

• Like 1

3 hours ago, oMeriMombatti said:

Yesterday you were asking Nova to be realistic as it can't increase 250% on a Saturday and now you are giving it a 300% increase and staying flat on Sunday, this reflects poorly on you Baumer especially after that article :P

But these projections may also help you land a job at either Variety or THR :lol:

That's what I'm hoping for.  :) 

• Like 2

Disney may report 8,15M, but in reality its still RTH's 7,8M, so the number will go down with actuals - and where does the rest of the reported money go?

Spoiler

AWrinkleInTimeTeaser.jpg

28 minutes ago, baumer said:

You know how you fix E9?  bring Luke back.  That's it.  No one said he was dead.  Then he has his final confrontation with Kylo.  Then you answer the questions from part 7, like why Maz had Luke's sabre from Empire strikes Back.  You give a better reason as to why Rey is not just strong with the force but downright God like.  You get Meryl Streep to play Leia.  You get into more backstory about the Knights of Ren.  Basically you undo all the bullshit that Johnson did in TLJ.

There, I said it.  

And now I'll go hybernate while you guys tear me to shreds.

I was with you until you said this. Uh. no 

• Like 1

Ah the toy grosses, the home video/streaming grosses ...yep we are at justice league territory again somehow. As if toys from various franchises , from batman figures to Freddie Krueger t-shirts aren’t being sold without movies at the horizon.

5 minutes ago, Brainbug said:

Disney may report 8,15M, but in reality its still RTH's 7,8M, so the number will go down with actuals - and where does the rest of the reported money go?

Reveal hidden contents

AWIT has already taken some money from AIW as well :P . So in order for AWIT to reach 100M, AIW will have to miss 700M and Solo 200M. Great decision by Disney.

Edited by oMeriMombatti

27 minutes ago, baumer said:

Yea....and?

The only part of that sentence that means anything is that TLJ made 1.3 billion.

You are falling for the same mind trap as dcu fans

It is not onlyabout how much you make now but how it effects futurecash flows 

3 hours ago, Lordmandeep said:

You are falling for the same mind trap as dcu fans

It is not onlyabout how much you make now but how it effects futurecash flows 

Thank you for this enlightening post.  I never thought of that.

Per reports Kennedy didn’t want JJ back but Ifwr went over her head and they are now paying him a ridiculous amount. That shows to a certain extent that Disney is worried about the future and taking steps to fix it, though I think Abrams is the wrong man to conclude anything 

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, TalismanRing said:

AIW has consistently had better w/e multipliers than AOU.   It should do $11- 11.2m

I hope so. A sub 30% drop post Memorial Day weekend would be terrific. Though anything above 10M is already great.

10 minutes ago, TalismanRing said:

:rolleyes:   You do know the reviews on TLJ were excellent?  91% RT with a 8.1 avg.  Why would they think at that point they needed to bolster it with news of  trilogy?

What I do know, is that the "excellent" reviews received by TLJ were the kind of reviews that gave Ghostbusters 73% 

In other words, these reviews were dishonest. 

7 minutes ago, Brainbug said:

Hide contents

AWrinkleInTimeTeaser.jpg

No, A:IW has to carry the fudge for two movies now.

Incredibles 2 can't come soon enough. :Venom:

9 minutes ago, Thrylos 7 said:

Ah the toy grosses, the home video/streaming grosses ...yep we are at justice league territory again somehow. As if toys from various franchises , from batman figures to Freddie Krueger t-shirts aren’t being sold without movies at the horizon.

All of that is considered when budgeting and green lighting a movie.  Just as O/S is considered.  And TV rights.  Etc.

A movie in the theaters boosts toy sales just as it boosts the back catalog of a franchise.   

This is why Paramount is going to make another ST even though the last film on it's own might have lost money

Edited by TalismanRing
  • Like 2

Just now, PPZVGOS said:

What I do know, is that the "excellent" reviews received by TLJ were the kind of reviews that gave Ghostbusters 73% 

In other words, these reviews were dishonest. 

Or maybe these critics  - who may as well understand more of filmmaking than you do - just liked the movie?

Have you ever thought about that?

• Like 1

3 hours ago, boomboom234 said:

Per reports Kennedy didn’t want JJ back but Ifwr went over her head and they are now paying him a ridiculous amount. That shows to a certain extent that Disney is worried about the future and taking steps to fix it, though I think Abrams is the wrong man to conclude anything 

So the guy who made the third highest grossing film of all time is someone wrong for the job?

Hmmm...ok.