baumer

Weekend Thread....Please read the staff announcement pg 104 (Solo 29.2...DP 23.3...Adrift 11.5)

2 minutes ago, aabattery said:

Looks like Operation Taika has succeeded and Julian Dennison will not be starring in a movie that makes more than Thor: Ragnarok.

*Julian looking at starring in Godzilla vs Kong*

tumblr_oxs9wgU3OH1sc0ffqo3_1280.gif?w=60

Saw Action Point; pretty crowded all things considered, a whopping 12 other people were in my theater

3 minutes ago, baumer said:

I hope a lot of you go see Adrift.  Guys, it's worth it to see Shay in a bikini, if you're into that.  But the film is outstanding, imo.

seeing it on Sunday, i'm excited after reviews (trailers didn't do much for me

Just now, Mojoguy said:

So what happened to Solo doubling Black Panther's presales?

What that just bullshit from Disney marketing?

It was only the first 24 hours and for some reason that was reported on like it meant shit.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

1 minute ago, Mojoguy said:

Within a certain window (first 24 hours I think) that held true. But SW movies are always presale heavy so it would be a pretty useless comp (BP was below RO in pre-sales as well).

1 minute ago, Mojoguy said:

It outsold Fandango’s previous record for most tickets in the first 24 hours. Which makes sense because Star Wars sales are pre-sale heavy.

Apparently, though, everyone forgot you can buy tickets after the first day of pre-sales, and can even walk up to the theater and buy them. 🤷‍♀️

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

3 minutes ago, Zakiyyah6 said:

Yeah, something like that.

less than 400m for a Star Wars film

yet many still claim "oh they'll just brush this off, it's just one movie"

Yeah right

also, it's locked to make less than Terminator Genitals as Emilia Clarke's highest grossing movie

• Like 1

I just hope Adrift is better than Mountain Between Us, whose last 10 minutes were as long as The Godfather and I refuse to believe otherwise

Ending fatigue indeed.

Not even freaking Kate Winslet and Idris Elba could save that dumb movie.

6 minutes ago, John Marston said:

205 +180 overseas = 385m? 

5 minutes ago, Zakiyyah6 said:

Yeah, something like that.

Close to ROTS unadjusted dom

• Like 2

1 minute ago, captainwondyful said:

It outsold Fandango’s previous record for most tickets in the first 24 hours. Which makes sense because Star Wars sales are pre-sale heavy.

Apparently, though, everyone forgot you can buy tickets after the first day of pre-sales, and can even walk up to the theater and buy them. 🤷‍♀️

All those pre-sales records. I guess folks thought that the movie was sold out....

• Haha 1

1 minute ago, John Marston said:

less than 400m for a Star Wars film

yet many still claim "oh they'll just brush this off, it's just one movie"

Yeah right

also, it's locked to make less than Terminator Genitals as Emilia Clarke's highest grossing movie

i have a comp I personally wanna share but I know everyone will get on my case for being salty about it lmao

Just now, filmlover said:

Solo is gonna be the Incredible Hulk of Star Wars movies. Lucasfilm will simply sweep it under a rug as if it never happened and that's it.

If LF rights the ship it will be. Anybody hoping for a sequel was living in a land of make believe after those opening weekend numbers if I'm being honest.

1 minute ago, Chewy said:

Actually Superman Returns, both DOM and OS, is a good target for Solo at this point

Jesus what a disaster lmao

That is a normal gross. Move on, find a new slant.

• Like 2
  • Haha 2

Just now, Chewy said:

Actually Superman Returns, both DOM and OS, is a good target for Solo at this point

Jesus what a disaster lmao

People say this Solo is too light and breezy. Bring a more visionary director to make it dark gritty and morose. Make Solo stop grinning and instead snap someone's neck.

• Haha 1