baumer

Weekend Thread....Please read the staff announcement pg 104 (Solo 29.2...DP 23.3...Adrift 11.5)

2 minutes ago, YLF said:

Wont BP get a dollar theater expansion? Also they could literally do an expansion for 1 weekend like Wonder woman got and get to 700M. If Disney was trying to "fudge" freaking AWIT then I doubt they wouldn't try to do it for BP that is only a little over 1M away.

yeah, it's a given that bp will get to 700 no questions asked. just a matter of how and when. i think it will get a big boost with i2's ow. wonder if disney planning something grander and will get it on 1000+ tc for a week.

• Like 4

Just now, A2k Rex said:

yeah, it's a given that bp will get to 700 no questions asked. just a matter of how and when. i think it will get a big boost with i2's ow. wonder if disney planning something grander and will get it on 1000+ tc for a week.

Well yeah, in that case it would definitley get there. But as I said, I think Disney has to step in for it.

• Community Manager
1 hour ago, Nova said:

The best Vampire related anything is Buffy the Vampire Slayer (the show) and I will fight anyone who tries to tell me otherwise. 

latest?cb=20130821050238

Time to fight then. The Vampire Diaries at it's peak was far superior to Buffy. 

• Like 1
  • Astonished 1
  • ...wtf 2
  • Disbelief 2

2 minutes ago, MovieMan89 said:

Why is the dollar run still to come? Shouldn’t it have already been there? Can’t say I’ve ever heard of a dollar run coming so long after the home video release. Also, kid’s films are an entirely different beast for dollar runs and long legs. A kids film can make $1m very very slowly over like a 2 month value theater run. That’s pretty unusual for anything else though. BP will need like a 5x multi from this weekend to get there. That’s extremely difficult this late in a run for anything that’s not a kid’s film.

I'm pretty sure Tangled got a little more help than dollar runs in the nth hour to reach 200M. Don't see BP being abandoned at 699 point something.

• Like 1

42 minutes ago, filmlover said:

This is more or less how the month will play out. Everything else isn't gonna make much of a dent (Tag in particular feels like a dud waiting to happen).

The YouTube marketing for it has been insane. I swear I get a little spot for it with every other video. 

4 minutes ago, Spidey Freak said:

I'm pretty sure Tangled got a little more help than dollar runs in the nth hour to reach 200M. Don't see BP being abandoned at 699 point something.

If I remember correctly, it got some double features to get it just over the top. 

6 minutes ago, Spidey Freak said:

Hopefully it isn’t, but what incentive does Disney really have for 700? 200 is still a factor in the TV deals. 

• Community Manager
2 minutes ago, iHeartJames said:

The Vampire Diaries was a great show for 3 seasons then it went to hell cuz shipping drama and the showrunner being an absolute fangirl

I disagree? The season with Kai as the big bad was very good. He was an even better villain than Klaus.

The final season was a mixed bag but other than that, it did suffer weak big bads after Klaus went to the Original (aside from Kai) which is why the show wasn't as good those seasons. The Vampire Diaries was always a show about the shipping but it needed a strong big bad to drive the season.

• Community Manager
2 minutes ago, Nova said:

:hahaha:

Best joke I've seen on these forums for quite sometime 

tumblr_o8bgllzSnQ1ugqro7o1_500.gif

Not a joke. I legit think The Vampire Diaries is better than Buffy. :) 

2 hours ago, Nova said:

The best Vampire related anything is Buffy the Vampire Slayer (the show) and I will fight anyone who tries to tell me otherwise. 

latest?cb=20130821050238

38 minutes ago, Water Bottle said:

Time to fight then. The Vampire Diaries at it's peak was far superior to Buffy. 

Underworld (first movie deffo, maybe the 2nd-3rd too) is the best Vampire thing ever and its not even a close competition. 

Then its Vampire Diaries (plus the Originals) and then Buffy/True blood whatever. And I refuse to call those sparkly things in Twilight Vampires

27 minutes ago, MovieMan89 said:

Hopefully it isn’t, but what incentive does Disney really have for 700? 200 is still a factor in the TV deals. 

Bragging rights, I assume. $700 million is still an incredibly rare milestone that only two films have ever crossed. Aside from Hercules and Gnomeo & Juliet, I don't think Disney has ever abandoned a film so close to a milestone. Alice 2 as well if you include WW grosses (finished its run ~ $500,000 short of $300 million WW).

• Community Manager
17 minutes ago, Nova said:

Sarah Michelle Gellar fighting off demons and vampires>>>>>>>>>>>>>> 

Buffy-Axe.gif

Oh I'm sorry you have a Sarah Michelle Gellar? I raise you with a badass Candice King.

b7f2e912-af88-4b33-8a3b-e67d44516f9d.gif

• Community Manager
5 minutes ago, ZeeSoh said:

Underworld (first movie deffo, maybe the 2nd-3rd too) is the best Vampire thing ever and its not even a close competition. 

Then its Vampire Diaries (plus the Originals) and then Buffy/True blood whatever. And I refuse to call those sparkly things in Twilight Vampires

I'm not a big fan of Underworld but I'll respect you liking them. :) It's great those movies have fans. At least they are shot more interestingly than many big-budget blockbusters nowadays. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Barnack said:

I am not sure what is your reference to say $450 is not that good.

Other studio tend to get what around 15% in licensing sales ? You need to sales for likes 3 billions of stuff to get 450m.

According to deadline Paramount was making with Transformer around 30m in merchandise revenues (I would imagine they expect Hasbro to get most of it ? sound low):

https://deadline.com/2015/03/transformers-age-of-extinction-profit-box-office-2014-1201391233/

When SpiderMan was one of the biggest merchandise sellers in the world with the Cars franchise or at least by far the biggest superheroes franchise in the world able to push for over 1billion in sales some year's, Sony was not making nearly has much from it (105m from spider-man 2, 150m from spider-man 3)

450m is enormous, specially when you consider that part of that business has extremely high margin (the part were you let people put your logo on stuff they do and they gave you a percentage of the sales with you spending or doing nothing).

Warner brothers complete year of theatrical product consumer products revenues for example:

2014: 271m

2015: 269m

2016: 321m

Last Jedi reportedly beat that by itself, Star Wars was really in a different space than almost everything else merch wise, if not everything else.

Corparations follow projections not net sales if it’s under projections it disappointed no matter the net 

Edited by boomboom234