baumer

Weekend Thread....Please read the staff announcement pg 104 (Solo 29.2...DP 23.3...Adrift 11.5)

2 minutes ago, Nova said:

That's why Solo needs to increase or else it may miss $200M....or may just get over it. It's losing PLF and I believe IMAX screens to Ocean's 8 next week. And then once I2 comes, a lot of films are going to be losing screens and well if Solo is gonna keep flopping like it is, I see no reason why theaters would keep it. The only thing that may save it the weekend of I2 is double features with I2 but who knows if the double features with I2 will be BP, AWIT, IW or Solo. 

But I guess lets wait and see how the weekend plays out for it. Hopefully it can get it closer to a 65% drop 

I2 should be paired with IW not Floplo 

1 minute ago, A2k Rex said:

Solo is looking at O/U ASM2 Dom if the number holds. ASM2 did 500+ OS alone on top of that.

God, the summer of 2014 with all these 90M openers :lol: i remember that Godzilla was the first ever movie i tracked at the box office and that way i also found these forums :)

Well, I guess Action Point is what happens when a film is not efficiently advertised. If I have to have the thought come to me in which I consider whether or not people know that a film is coming out, then yeah, the film is in a bit of trouble.

I'm rooting for Adrift to do as well as it can. Hopefully it pulls through in the wake of Solo's disappointing gross.

I think Upgrade will do a little better than people think based on its positive reception. I'm thinking that'll push it above $3M.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Brainbug said:

God, the summer of 2014 with all these 90M openers :lol: i remember that Godzilla was the first ever movie i tracked at the box office and that way i also found these forums :)

well, at least one good thing came out of that movie :jeb!:

• Astonished 1

Just now, DAJK said:

well, at least one good thing came out of that movie :jeb!:

Im conflicted. On the one hand, thats really nice of you.

On the other, i love Godzilla :sarah:

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Just now, MovieMan89 said:

So Solo might drop 70%? Seriously, there’s not even any competition for it. This really is the biggest disaster in a high profile franchise I’ve ever witnessed in all my years tracking box office. 

A bit more than that -29% drop Hollywood Reporter originally predIcted

• Like 1
  • Haha 12
  • Astonished 2

1 minute ago, MovieMan89 said:

So Solo might drop 70%? Seriously, there’s not even any competition for it. This really is the biggest disaster in a high profile franchise I’ve ever witnessed in all my years tracking box office. 

potc5 dropped 65% going against 103+ of wonder woman and another opener that beat it. and as a five-quel. falling that much or much worse is extra bad for solo.

TW LW Title (click to view) Studio Weekend Gross % Change Theater Count / Change Average Total Gross Budget* Week #
1 N Wonder Woman WB $103,251,471 - 4,165 - $24,790 $103,251,471 $149 1
2 N Captain Underpants: The First Epic Movie Fox $23,851,539 - 3,434 - $6,946 $23,851,539 $38 1
3 1 Pirates of the Caribbean: Dead Men Tell No Tales BV $22,087,099 -64.9% 4,276 - $5,165 $115,095,870 $230 2
  • Like 2

I laughed HARD when I saw those numbers :hahaha: :hahaha: :hahaha: :hahaha: :hahaha: :hahaha: :hahaha: 

27 minutes ago, EmpireCity said:

Let me put it this way, I think it is going to get beat easily by Show Dogs and Life of the Party.  

I predicted LOTP would beat it! :Venom: 

1 minute ago, Nova said:

Yea but you know Disney. They're gonna try everything in their power to help it 

:sparta:

they tolerated a mid 90s Wrinkle. they may not tolerate a mid 190s solo. as godtangled as my witness solo will stay in theaters another day.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Just now, A2k Rex said:

they tolerated a mid 90s Wrinkle. they may not tolerate a mid 190s solo. as godtangled as my witness solo will stay in theaters another day.

Solo: A Spectre Story, tangled with passengers.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1