baumer

Weekend Thread....Please read the staff announcement pg 104 (Solo 29.2...DP 23.3...Adrift 11.5)

2 minutes ago, Nova said:

He said one of the biggest bombs in a long time. And considering Solo just bombed, I'm guessing we are talking about under $1M for the weekend 

Deadline is saying 3mil, which while a bomb is nowhere near as bad as I'd have expected.

1 minute ago, Ledmonkey96 said:

Deadline is saying 3mil, which while a bomb is nowhere near as bad as I'd have expected.

They said less than $3M. They never actually gave a number for it. 

6 minutes ago, Nova said:

Is that why there are no numbers to report?  Because there are literally nooooo numbers to report :thinking:

6 minutes ago, That One Guy said:

Sub-2M weekend for Action Point??????

Let me put it this way, I think it is going to get beat easily by Show Dogs and Life of the Party.  

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 5

Shame that Adrift is so far looking at the lower end of comps. Hope it picks up and reaches 5M for the day, would love to see STX have a hit on their hands.

Lmaoooooooooo at Action Point. Can't wait to see the actual Friday number. 

DP doing fine, if it can get to the higher end of that range for the weekend, maybe 22M, I wouldn't say 300 is dead. 

Fucking hell Solo, hope it increases to 8M for the day. 

• Like 2

8 minutes ago, Ethan Hunt said:

ahhhhhh. couldn't remember where boxoffice.com stood on it. I just remember a lot of tracking underpredicting it 

Rogue Nation’s opening weekend was over predicted with many expecting way more. The legs were great though 

1 minute ago, John Marston said:

Rogue Nation’s opening weekend was over predicted with many expecting way more. The legs were great though 

I remember people flipping out because it was tracking under 40M

• Like 2

Yes, I also don't remember the exact numbers but they lifted their first predictions for Rogue Nation.

These early weekend numbers will hopefully increase over the hours...terrible. I thought that Solo could be slightly under 30M but not that much. Action Point was nonexistent somehow so there I'm not surprised. 

9 minutes ago, Ethan Hunt said:

ahhhhhh. couldn't remember where boxoffice.com stood on it. I just remember a lot of tracking underpredicting it 

20-30 holdover weekends (3-day) 2018:

AIW 29.5 4th weekend

JUM2 28.1 4th weekend :o

BP 26.7 5th weekend :o
Solo 26+ 2nd weekend

RPO 24.6 2nd weekend

TLJ 23.7 4th weekend

AQP 20.9 3rd weekend :o

Rampage 20.1 2nd weekend

Only 2nd weekends:

Solo 26+

RPO 24.6

Rampage 20.1

Edited by A2k Rex

1 minute ago, Alli said:

:wintf:

People are just not interested in the movie. I think the blame put on TLJ was exaggerated

I know anecdotical evidence is just that, but take me as an example: I loved TLJ and i still had 0 interest in seeing Solo. Its just a completely unneccessary movie.

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, John Marston said:

69% drop for Solo despite no competition and keeping IMAX and PLF screens? Lol

That's why Solo needs to increase or else it may miss $200M....or may just get over it. It's losing PLF and I believe IMAX screens to Ocean's 8 next week. And then once I2 comes, a lot of films are going to be losing screens and well if Solo is gonna keep flopping like it is, I see no reason why theaters would keep it. The only thing that may save it the weekend of I2 is double features with I2 but who knows if the double features with I2 will be BP, AWIT, IW or Solo. 

But I guess lets wait and see how the weekend plays out for it. Hopefully it can get it closer to a 65% drop 

Edited by Nova

1 minute ago, Nova said:

but who knows if the double features with I2 will be BP, AWIT, IW or Solo. 

Either AMC or Regal is doing a DF with I2 and the original, but that's only for IMAX for now.