sfran43

Monday's Numbers

3 hours ago, Brainbug said:

Wreck-It Ralph 2 of all movies?? :hahaha:

I thought his posts in WIR2 thread were relatively "mild" compared to what he posted in the recent Solo Weekend thread. I was surprised he was not at least threadbanned in the Weekend thread. I guess WIR2 was the last straw.

• Like 1

Edited by oMeriMombatti
  • Like 1

Edited by oMeriMombatti
  • Like 1

1 (1) Solo: A Star Wars Story Walt Disney $2,964,621 -67% 4,381 $677   $151,954,195 11
2 (2) Deadpool 2 20th Century Fox $2,646,473 -61% 4,161 $636   $257,152,508 18
3 (4) Adrift STX Entertainment $1,229,555 -59% 3,015 $408   $12,832,594 4
- (3) Avengers: Infinity War Walt Disney $1,163,591 -63% 3,570 $326   $644,169,802 39
- (5) Book Club Paramount Pictures $1,091,320 -50% 3,169 $344   $48,647,101 18
- (6) Upgrade BH Tilt $602,325 -54% 1,457 $413   $5,273,230 4
- (7) Life of the Party Warner Bros. $420,000 -56% 2,511 $167   $46,770,255 25
- (8) Breaking In Universal $324,280 -57% 1,682 $193   $41,665,810 25
- (9) Action Point Paramount Pictures $296,842 -57% 2,032 $146   $2,687,006 4
- (12) A Quiet Place Paramount Pictures $237,002 -50% 1,156 $205   $183,757,371 60
  • Like 8
  • Thanks 1

21 minutes ago, oMeriMombatti said:

Ever since x-men turns R-rated, I can't see they are becoming better in term of legs(lack of sample I guess still), but it is sort of confirming that R-rated film that fared better during mid-week, didn't add much to a film staying power, the gross was more like redistributing from weekend oriented to weekdays...  

Better hold than AOU for AIW, despite doing less over the weekend.

Edited by oMeriMombatti
  • Like 3

5 minutes ago, titanic2187 said:

Ever since x-men turns R-rated, I can't see they are becoming better in term of legs(lack of sample I guess still), but it is sort of confirming that R-rated film that fared better during mid-week, didn't add much to a film staying power, the gross was more like redistributing from weekend oriented to weekdays...  

The two highest grossing X-men movies domestically are now rated R.

Wish Solo was doing better. Finally talked to a co-worker who had been traveling and is our offices biggest SW hound and he really liked it as well.

SW fandom is out of control. The warped hate on TLJ. The no show on Solo. Their vitriolic social media diatribes that pushed Daisy Ridley(Rey) and Kelly Marie Tran(Rose) off of Instagram is a sad state of things for that fandom.

• Like 5

Just now, Captain Craig said:

Wish Solo was doing better. Finally talked to a co-worker who had been traveling and is our offices biggest SW hound and he really liked it as well.

SW fandom is out of control. The warped hate on TLJ. The no show on Solo. Their vitriolic social media diatribes that pushed Daisy Ridley(Rey) and Kelly Marie Tran(Rose) off of Instagram is a sad state of things for that fandom.

Ridley literally explained that she left instagram cause she was too addicted to her phone.

• Thanks 1

1 minute ago, Captain Craig said:

The social media stuff is unacceptable but there is nothing wrong with disliking TLJ and after that movie and the lack of any real excitement about a young Solo movie. It’s obvious why many didn’t want to pay for a ticket 

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

10 minutes ago, Rebeccas said:

Ridley literally explained that she left instagram cause she was too addicted to her phone.

Article I read recently cited the negative feedback attributed to a comment on gun control at a rally for the Orlando Pulse night club shooting. 

Ridley has been vocal about quitting social media, and left Instagram last year after a backlash for sharing a post about victims of gun violence.

A day after attending that year’s Teen Choice awards, during which Jessica Alba paid tribute to victims of gun violence by having young relatives of shooting victims join her on stage, Ridley posted about how moved she was by the tribute and called for a stop to the violence. While many comments praised her words, others were critical, and soon after, Ridley’s Instagram account disappeared.

I'd accept that it's a dual excuse. 

Edited by Captain Craig

2 minutes ago, John Marston said:

The social media stuff is unacceptable but there is nothing wrong with disliking TLJ and after that movie and the lack of any real excitement about a young Solo movie. It’s obvious why many didn’t want to pay for a ticket 

Respectfully I disagree. Not obvious, more like nitpicking and upset they didn't do the film "how I would've done it" type attitudes. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

7 minutes ago, Captain Craig said:

I despise people sometimes. What a cancer folks like that are. Fucking get over yourselves.

• Like 1