Asyulus

INCREDIBLES 2 Weekend |🏆| ACTUALS: 182.7M OW | O8 19M, Tag 14.9M, Solo 10M, DP2 8.7M, IW 5.4M

So Incredibles likely wont reach 200M OW, as it would need an absolutely ridiculous Sat to accomplish that which isnt that likely. Incredible success anyway, beating Shrek The Turds Adjusted OW by 20M+ if projections hold.

2 minutes ago, That One Guy said:

Actually, maybe you’re right.  After all, something like Fallen Kingdom has three trailers with each one having 54M, 27M, and 20M views (and one of them was pretty much a TV spot).  But for some reason, all the people championing Incredibles 2’s OW and saying the signs were there because of strong trailer views are underpredicting Fallen Kingdom and sayig it’ll not affect Incredibles 2 and underperform in a big way.  I wonder why :thinking: 

Its because they are haters and are blinded by their hate :sparta:. Will make the incoming 150m+ OW of FK even more sweet.

Edited by Brainbug
  • Like 3

1 minute ago, That One Guy said:

Actually, maybe you’re right.  After all, something like Fallen Kingdom has three trailers with each one having 54M, 27M, and 20M views (and one of them was pretty much a TV spot).  But for some reason, all the people championing Incredibles 2’s OW and saying the signs were there because of strong trailer views are underpredicting Fallen Kingdom and sayig it’ll not affect Incredibles 2 and underperform in a big way.  I wonder why :thinking: 

People sure ignored Solo's piss poor trailer views. 12 million wouldn't be bad for a regular film but for a freaking Star Wars movie that is an awful number. 

Personally I think that Fallen Kingdom is going to be another walk up movie like the first and open with 150-160mil. Of course I don't dismiss the possibility of it being hurt by I2 more than what I am thinking.

• Like 2

I think JWFK is very, very walk up friendly. Attracts loonies but also attracts a whole hell of a lot of folks that rarely go to the cinema. Now, if WOM is mixed or poor, due to being walk up friendly, that could diminish its legs even more because folks that rarely see movies will talk more about the movie or two they see that given year.

• Like 3

6 minutes ago, That One Guy said:

I2 also had really nice presales, despite being animation.

JW2 aren't that nice and it decreased in Europe.

But I also think JW2 won't be that small, smaller than Jw2 definitely but half or less than that, I have my doubts about that.

If I2 opens above 180M I would say JW2 will definitely open under I2.

I also think JW2 will fail to reach $500M

Edited by Taruseth

Finding Dory did have huge weekday numbers in its first week. 

Incredibles 2 will be more frontloaded in terms of its internal multiplier this weekend, and I think likely for its drop next weekend (thanks largely to the huge previews which will likely make for a bigger Friday-to-Friday drop). But its overall legs, and particularly late legs, could be quite strong with great WOM, what seems to be a very entertaining and rewatchable film, summer weekdays, labor day weekend boost into September, etc.

Again, I wouldn't be surprised if Incredibles 2 is, overall, more frontloaded than your typical Pixar film, but it isn't a sure thing at this point.

I'm sure each and every day this week, with each day's new number, there will be conversations rehashing out the debate :P (Just poking fun... glad we're all passionate enough about box office to have these conversations.)

Peace,

Mike

Theater chains have to be happy at the moment. I2 breaking out. JWFK coming next weekend. Soon after, Sicario 2 and Uncle Drew to bring in the hard R action crowd as well as the comedy crowd. And, then, a family friendly action sci-fi coming a week after that in AMatW. Nice stretch of money coming. What kind of OW DOM do people expect for Sicario and Drew?

2 minutes ago, a2k said:

145-165 ow for FK imo

if it does less than 158-159 then it will be closer to JW's 2nd weekend than JW's ow.

Would be kinda funny if it squeezes between TDK's 158M and TDKR's 160M :lol:

• Haha 1

4 minutes ago, MikeQ said:

Finding Dory did have huge weekday numbers in its first week. 

Incredibles 2 will be more frontloaded in terms of its internal multiplier this weekend, and I think likely for its drop next weekend (thanks largely to the huge previews which will likely make for a bigger Friday-to-Friday drop). But its overall legs, and particularly late legs, could be quite strong with great WOM, what seems to be a very entertaining and rewatchable film, summer weekdays, labor day weekend boost into September, etc.

Again, I wouldn't be surprised if Incredibles 2 is, overall, more frontloaded than your typical Pixar film, but it isn't a sure thing at this point.

I'm sure each and every day this week, with each day's new number, there will be conversations rehashing out the debate :P (Just poking fun... glad we're all passionate enough about box office to have these conversations.)

Peace,

Mike

Agree with FD having strong weekdays. It had a 23M+ tuesday which sent Baumer into a frenzy, FTSBF :P . Won't be surprsied if I2 tuesday is closer to 30 than 25.

FD had 135M weekend and 213M week which means 78M weekdays. If I2 does something like 95M after 180M weekend, it would be at 275M after the week which is more than the first Avengers made in it's 1st week. 

6 minutes ago, Firepower said:

60 mln drop from JW's OW, what a huge success!

Last Jedi dropped from Force Awakens. Deadpool 2 dipped from Deadpool as well. Both did just fine at the box office though. Jurassic World was a bonkers breakout. Fallen Kingdom won't be that but I very much believe something like $425M+ DOM is all but assured. Certainly we're not going to start sneezing at $425M+ DOM and a movie that will gross well over $1B+ WW, right?

Remember how wonderful it was when JW and then IO broke out and pumped all kinds of energy into the box office? Yeah, that was a lot of fun. We're about to see that again. And, not only that, but as I said, Sicario, Uncle Drew and Ant-Man following soon after. Just embrace the awesome. This is what summer's are all about for box office geeks.

Edited by JohnnyGossamer
  • Like 2