Asyulus

INCREDIBLES 2 Weekend |🏆| ACTUALS: 182.7M OW | O8 19M, Tag 14.9M, Solo 10M, DP2 8.7M, IW 5.4M

Top ten animated films this decade:

1.) Coco

2.) Zootopia

3.) The Lego Movie

4.) Rango

5.) How To Train Your Dragon

6.) Your Name

7.) Inside Out

8.) Winnie The Pooh

9.) ParaNorman 

10.) The Red Turtle

• Like 2

11 minutes ago, BK007 said:

Interesting though that you're as much a Pixar fan as any others and yet for almost seemingly opposite reasons? 

I think I agree with everyone else just enough to be taken seriously, but if I'm bothered by something others aren't or love something others hate, I feel I should own it. 

Edited by tribefan695
  • Like 1

15 minutes ago, salvador-232 said:

For me is Coco all the way but to being honest is more for cultural affinity. It's something else seeing in the big screen a extended family dinner, overprotective grandmother that feeds you to much... Im not even Mexican, but that abuelita could be the abuelita of every Latin American. 

And that world, the only thing I wanted to do after watching coco was getting back into the land of the dead. And IMO the emotional moments are really well done, I spent the last thirty minutes crying. 

For me it was just something else 

I still think that Inside Out is the better movie but man I cried my eyes out in the last 20 minutes of Coco. Such an emotional movie, absolutely beautiful. You feel such warmness in your heart watching it.

• Like 2

1 minute ago, tribefan695 said:

I think I agree with everyone else just enough to be taken seriously, but if I'm bothered by something others aren't or love something others hate, I feel I should own it. 

Always good to have another Pixar fan who thinks IO is overrated. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, FantasticBeasts said:

I still think that Inside Out is the better movie but man I cried my eyes out in the last 20 minutes of Coco. Such an emotional movie, absolutely beautiful. You feel such warmness in your heart watching it.

Coco arguably has better execution and pacing than Inside out, but still not perfectly paced like Zootopia, Inside out on the other had a  more original, intelligent and even thought provoking central idea/theme. While I think Coco is more grounded in its approach to make you connect emotionally, it's also an easier approach. I mean, making people cry in a story about love, family and death is not that hard, making people cry in a story structure like the one in Inside out, that's more difficult and it was accomplished elegantly.

I think Inside Out is the better film. 

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, FantasticBeasts said:

People always get encouraged by other people being wrong too. I still remember how happy I got in second grade that my best friend got a D too in the maths test...

I still give Pete Docter credit for trying. Obviously the sheer concept spoke to a lot of people. I was just really underwhelmed by what he did with it.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Biggestgeekever said:

I know we're all looking to see how well Incredibles 2 will do, but let's not forget what will be the real story of the weekend. I mean look at that jump yesterday!

- (-) A Wrinkle in Time Walt Disney $35,480 +131% 157 $226    $98,228,127 98

Double Features haven't even kicked yet.  This might be the weekend! :lol: