Asyulus

INCREDIBLES 2 Weekend |🏆| ACTUALS: 182.7M OW | O8 19M, Tag 14.9M, Solo 10M, DP2 8.7M, IW 5.4M

A Wrinkle a Time will be rememberd (atleast on these forums) in eternity for this shameless fudge LOL. Even more hilarious given the movie itself is forgettable as f*ck imo.

• Like 3

Vertical Entertainment and MoviePass Ventures have Gottiwhich, if you remember, the producers re-acquired from Lionsgate via an exit clause back in December because they wanted a pure theatrical release, not a day-and-date. Also, there were plans to launch the movie at Cannes, which was a goal fulfilled. MoviePass took a piece of the movie back at CinemaCon for low seven figures. Analysts show the film opening to $1.8M at 503 theaters. I’m told double that would be a much better start, however, there isn’t any big studio P&A behind this pic, which boasts 28 executive producers.

lmfao :hahaha::hahaha::hahaha:

• Haha 1
  • Astonished 2

So IW will stay in the top 10 next weekend as well, likely passing Hereditary and Superfly.  Might have enough juice to be top 10 the weekend after as well, in which case we’ll see 25+ consecutive weekends with an MCU flick in the top 10.

• Like 1
  • Astonished 1

5 minutes ago, Thanos Legion said:

So IW will stay in the top 10 next weekend as well, likely passing Hereditary and Superfly.  Might have enough juice to be top 10 the weekend after as well, in which case we’ll see 25+ consecutive weekends with an MCU flick in the top 10.

If it can stay in the top 10 the next 2 weekends after I2 then we'll get AMaTW the week it leaves.

1 hour ago, L Silverman said:

Wow, it must hurt being that f-ing smug.

Nope it feels pretty great :hahaha:

When you have followed box office as long as some of us have, you get used to the perceived injustice of the studios accounting. It is sometimes fun to witness newbs naivete but generally speaking if you are willing to learn the ins and outs and not be a dick (which has been your behavior) things run much more smoothly... besides nothing beats #puertorico09 #neverforget or the clear inflation of the OWs by including thursdays business. 

What is happening to Wrinkle is just minuscule in comparison. 

• Like 3

4 minutes ago, narniadis said:

Nope it feels pretty great :hahaha:

When you have followed box office as long as some of us have, you get used to the perceived injustice of the studios accounting. It is sometimes fun to witness newbs naivete but generally speaking if you are willing to learn the ins and outs and not be a dick (which has been your behavior) things run much more smoothly... besides nothing beats #puertorico09 #neverforget or the clear inflation of the OWs by including thursdays business. 

What is happening to Wrinkle is just minuscule in comparison. 

I mean i agree (absolutely nothing will ever beat Puerto Rico LMAO), but Wrinkles run is still hilarious. It gives me life, its like Spectre or Passengers, but that tiny bit funnier for me.

• Like 2

1 minute ago, Brainbug said:

I mean i agree (absolutely nothing will ever beat Puerto Rico LMAO), but Wrinkles run is still hilarious. It gives me life, its like Spectre or Passengers, but that tiny bit funnier for me.

Oh its still funny, it really makes me think that either a) Disney wants bragging rights to a complete 100m slate or b) they have some contract issue with Oprah about the gross. Just nothing to get knickers in a twist over. 

Not like anyone is losing a bet by the film crossing 100m, right @MovieMan89 🤣

• Haha 1

21 minutes ago, Yandereprime101189 said:

Realstically, how do you think next week will play out between Jurassic and Incredibles?

Depends on where I2 falls this weekend, but assuming the $180m-ish range, then:

JW2: $140m

I2: $90m

• Like 1

51 minutes ago, narniadis said:

Oh its still funny, it really makes me think that either a) Disney wants bragging rights to a complete 100m slate or b) they have some contract issue with Oprah about the gross. Just nothing to get knickers in a twist over. 

Not pissing of people with bonus they obtain a 100m dbo could be part of the motivation, but just the TV/streaming contract that tend to have 100/200 benchmark changing how much they pay for playing the movies is more than enough to explain those behavior I would think.