Asyulus

INCREDIBLES 2 Weekend |🏆| ACTUALS: 182.7M OW | O8 19M, Tag 14.9M, Solo 10M, DP2 8.7M, IW 5.4M

6 minutes ago, Biggestgeekever said:

My feeling on Pets 2 is that it won't did that well because the first is a not-good, oddly dark animated film that seems to be Illumination's forte outside of the first DM movie. 

I mean, Pets had an amazing concept and marketing campaign, but does anyone even know people that liked the first movie?

Again, Pets had a 3.55x multiplier of a $104M OW, it’s target audience obviously liked it. I think a decrease is in order DOM due to competition but WW i see an increase mainly due to Illumination’s track OS. My guess is DM3 numbers DOM and WW.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, CoolEric258 said:

Nutcracker’s the only problematic hurdle left, but I am feeling confident Disney will find a way after that Wrinkle in Fudge

Congratulations on getting your self-imposed ban overturned, BTW. :ph34r:

30 minutes ago, Alli said:

So O8 is performing on par with Ghostbusters. People prematurely proclaimed it a great success last week. I doubt there'll be a sequel. The budget is lower, but the back end must be higher with such big stars in the cast. Meh

With is reviews/cinemascore and Considering it faced possibly the biggest F+25 demo opener ever and will face Jurassic World next week it was to be expected.

The budget is much lower and it is a franchise that historically do 2.5 time it's dbo at the WW.

Could easily do a say 118m / 280m wordwide, 4 times it's budget and being a huge success without having a particularly good legs / roll-out.

Paul Feig (was in talk for getting 10-12% of the profits), McCarthy and that huge list of sequels right owner/producer to pay on Ghostbuster:

Produced by 

Dan Aykroyd ... executive producer
Ali Bell ... executive producer
Paul Feig ... executive producer
Jessie Henderson ... executive producer
Michele Imperato ... executive producer (as Michele Imperato Stabile)
Joe Medjuck ... executive producer
Amy Pascal ... producer
James Paul ... associate producer
Alex Plapinger ... associate producer
Tom Pollock ... executive producer
Eric Reich ... associate producer
Ivan Reitman ... producer

Cannot have been cheap on the back end either.

We cannot predict if a sequel will occur or not, because when you have someone like Bullock she probably need to agree to it, but in term of still being profitable with an expected sequel decrease, it should have a lot of room.

Just now, Chewy said:

Lion King breaking it in 13 months

We need to have a forum consensus by the time that comes out if it counts as an animated movie or a live-action movie

(I'm also currently thinking 170M OW for that, footage might raise me higher but I honestly still think there's a lot of the older audience this is getting that Lion King won't)

I've never heard anyone claim I2 and FK were supposed to hurt O8 until just now. The whole point of O8 releasing where it did was because it was expected to be effective counter-programming to the big blockbuster types. No using those now to justify poor holds. 

• Like 1

Just now, Blankments said:

We need to have a forum consensus by the time that comes out if it counts as an animated movie or a live-action movie

(I'm also currently thinking 170M OW for that, footage might raise me higher but I honestly still think there's a lot of the older audience this is getting that Lion King won't)

A live action movie where literally everything is animated :sparta:

• ...wtf 1

1 minute ago, Krissykins said:

Surely Frozen 2 will easily wipe the floor with Incredibles 2 opening record?

if they have another “Let It Go” lol 

The five day will make a bit harder. Besides I wonder if Frozenmania is over.

• Like 1

Just now, Chewy said:

A live action movie where literally everything is animated :sparta:

oh, I'm counting it as an animated movie, lol - but we definitely need to come to a consensus lmao

(Will be posting an Lion King<Incredibles 2 club on July 19 myself)

7 minutes ago, Blankments said:

Bravo to Pixar and Brad Bird for one of the most impressive weekends in box office history. This record will stand for a long, long time

But unfortunately not a forum weekend record... Thanks to the gremlins who run the servers.

• Disbelief 1

2 minutes ago, Blankments said:

It’ll probably be counted as live action even though it’s entirely animated and doesn’t make sense so Incredibles 2 is safe.

Besides TLK is aiming for OW record.

• Like 2