That One Girl

BOT Revisiting: Top 25 Movies of 2008 | Deadline - September 7 | Read the eligibility rules...Ethan Hunt taking over...send lists to him

25 minutes ago, filmlover said:

Can't wait to see some random shit like Fool's Gold get in and everybody freaks out. Don't underestimate the nostalgia for those crappy McConaughey romcoms!

don't worry you're the only one here who remembers that movie.

• Haha 1

2 minutes ago, Jake Gittes said:

don't worry you're the only one here who remembers that movie.

I scrolled through the list of wide releases from that year and was astounded by how many of them I had to look up to be reminded what they were. I had forgotten that there was a second X-Files movie at all. Or a Spider-Man spoof that was five years too late (Superhero Movie). Or a Dane Cook vehicle (My Best Friend's Girl); that brief moment in time when Hollywood tried to make him a thing by putting him in a slew of movies has to be the darkest period.

I’m very tempted to reveal what the top ten is right now with 3 lists (sans @baumer since he’s still finalizing his) but I won’t because no, lmao.  It’s pretty hilarious what the films that are in there right now are though.  Maybe for fun after the reveal i’ll post what the top 25 was when there was only 5 lists in.

Edited by That One Guy

3 hours ago, That One Guy said:

I’m very tempted to reveal what the top ten is right now with 3 lists (sans @baumer since he’s still finalizing his) but I won’t because no, lmao.  It’s pretty hilarious what the films that are in there right now are though.  Maybe for fun after the reveal i’ll post what the top 25 was when there was only 5 lists in.

Give it time.....the lists will come.  :)

• Thanks 1

50 minutes ago, That One Guy said:

Maybe I should have bumped Harold and Kumar into the top 10 :thinking:

Also hey I have no regrets putting Cloverfield or Narnia up there. I was young then okay :shades:

• Like 1

This movie is somewhat polarizing but I still think it's great. Give it a watch to see which side you land on. It's best to pretend that Winslet's Oscar was for this movie and not...the other one that same year.

Revolutionary road.jpg

Edited by filmlover
  • Like 2

3 minutes ago, filmlover said:

This movie is somewhat polarizing but I still think it's great. Give it a watch to see which side you land on. It's best to pretend that Winslet's Oscar was for this movie and not...the other one that same year.

Revolutionary road.jpg

Will end up towards the top of my list for sure.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, filmlover said:

Revolutionary road.jpg

This is in my top ten.

I thought Revolutionary Road was impressive but then I started watching Mad Men. (Prompted, as I recall, by a negative RT blurb on the movie that mentioned the show. Proof that some good once came from RT after all!)

Edited by Jake Gittes

already PM'd my list. Taken not being eligible super lame.

Spoiler

1    Synecdoche, New York
2    Speed Racer
3    In Bruges
4    The Dark Knight
5    Let the Right One In
6    Waltz with Bashir
7    Gran Torino
8    Berlin Calling
9    Wall-E
10    The Wrestler
11    Pinaple Express
12    Bronson
13    Benjamin Button
14    The Ruins
15    Two Lovers
16    Step Brothers
17    Cloverfield
18    Brothers Bloom
19    Slumdog Millionaire
20    Burn after Reading
21    Hellboy II
22    Iron Man
23    Revolutionary Road
24    Charlie Bartlett
25    Tropic Thunder

4 minutes ago, Joel M said:

Reveal hidden contents

Bronson and Brothers Bloom aren't eligible either I'm afraid.

• Thanks 1
  • Disbelief 1

18 minutes ago, Joel M said:

Reveal hidden contents

How is it lame that a 2009 film is not eligible for a 2008 list?