That One Girl

BOT Revisiting: Top 25 Movies of 2008 | Deadline - September 7 | Read the eligibility rules...Ethan Hunt taking over...send lists to him

1.    My Winnipeg
2.    Speed Racer
3.    Burn After Reading
4.    WALL-E
5.    In Bruges
6.    Chop Shop
7.    Let the Right One In
8.    The Dark Knight
9.    The Curious Case of Benjamin Button
10.    The Secret of the Grain
11.    [REC]
12.    Man on Wire
13.    Iron Man
14.    Gran Torino
15.    Shotgun Stories
16.    Eden Lake
17.    The Wrestler
18.    Hunger
19.    Forgetting Sarah Marshall
20.    Cloverfield
21.    Bolt
22.    Tropic Thunder
23.    Kung Fu Panda
24.    Changeling
25.    Elite Squad

• Like 1

I hdidn't have time to see as many movies as I would have liked so the bottom of this list gets mediocre, but at least I have seen enough to leave out bad movies like Speed Racer and Mamma Mia.

1 The Dark Knight
2 In Bruges
3 Gran Torino
4 Slumdog Millionaire
5 Wall-E
6 Iron Man
7 The Boy In The Striped Pajamas
8 The Curious Case Of Benjamin Button
9 Burn After Reading
10 Blindness
11 Waltz With Bashir
12 Frozen River
13 Pineapple Express
14 Tropic Thunder
15 Hancock
16 Quantum Of Solace
17 Indiana Jones 4
18 Milk
19 The Incredible Hulk
20 Bolt
21 Yes Man
22 Cloverfield
23 Kung Fu Panda
24 You Don't Mess With The Zohan
25 Death Race
Edited by Tower

Huh. Looking over the lists, 2008 appears to have been a year in which I didn't watch very many movies. My list is going to suck. Will send in my list, such as it is, shortly.

Edit - There. Entered. Looks like I've seen exactly 15 movies from that year. Some pretty bad ones made my list.

Edit2 - Did no one else see Be Kind, Rewind? It was one of the very few good movies I saw that year.

Edited by Wrath

41 minutes ago, Wrath said:

Huh. Looking over the lists, 2008 appears to have been a year in which I didn't watch very many movies. My list is going to suck. Will send in my list, such as it is, shortly.

Edit - There. Entered. Looks like I've seen exactly 15 movies from that year. Some pretty bad ones made my list.

Edit2 - Did no one else see Be Kind, Rewind? It was one of the very few good movies I saw that year.

I saw Be Kind, Rewind and somehow forgot it on my list.  Oh well, it was a rough year to get to 25 films to put on the list so I guess I zoned out on the year for Be Kind Rewind

2008 actually wasn't a bad year for movies. It wasn't a great year, but In Bruges, Gran Torino, Milk, The Wrestler, Blindness, Burn after Reading, Benjamin Button, are all movies that seemed interesting at the time, and then stuff like Quantum of Solace, Taken, and Hancock are things I normally would have seen and are at least semi-iconic in their own ways, yet I missed 'em all.