YM!

Weekend Thread | Hotel 3 $44.1 Skyscraper 25.4, Ant Man’s size does matter with $28.8M

2 minutes ago, LonePirate said:

Punch-Drunk Love is easily Sandler's best film. Anger Management, Reign Over Me, The Wedding Singer and to a lesser degree 50 First Dates are also good films. The rest of his filmography is largely wretched.

The Meyerowitz stories isn't bad at all.

And WaterBoy/Happy gilmore didn't age that badly either.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

Just now, filmlover said:

Remember when Adam Sandler made that western movie for Netflix where a bunch of Indian extras walked off set because of racist jokes? That's probably the funniest thing to ever come out of his movies.

I felt so bad for Taylor something in that one, the wolf kid from Twilight

Just now, Chewy said:

I felt so bad for Taylor something in that one, the wolf kid from Twilight

lol now there's a forgotten career. I just went to his Wiki page and he hasn't acted in anything in two years. Wouldn't surprise me if he decided to just leave the business.

10 minutes ago, grim22 said:

Jack & Jill is nothing compared to almost all his Netflix movies. The Do-Over is a sin committed to camera. Sample this from the review, and this scene comes after a scene where David Spade walks in on his wife cheating on him by dominating a guy from behind while his fat twin sons are masturbating in their bunk bed 

When only a Jeff Goldblum Disgust emoticon will do. (please add it)

:gold:

1 minute ago, filmlover said:

lol now there's a forgotten career. I just went to his Wiki page and he hasn't acted in anything in two years. Wouldn't surprise me if he decided to just leave the business.

If he was smart with his final two paychecks from Twilight and the one he got for that action film, he'll never have to work a day in his life again.  That's almost  million he got for those three films.  After taxes and agent fees and so on, he'd be left with about  million.  So maybe he just doesn't care about the biz anymore.

2 minutes ago, baumer said:

If he was smart with his final two paychecks from Twilight and the one he got for that action film, he'll never have to work a day in his life again.  That's almost  million he got for those three films.  After taxes and agent fees and so on, he'd be left with about  million.  So maybe he just doesn't care about the biz anymore.

A million?  

According to New York magazine, Summit will pay Kristen Stewart, Robert Pattinson and Taylor Lautner an unprecedented $25 million each against 7.5 per cent of the theatrical gross for starring in parts one and two of "Breaking Dawn."

http://www.nydailynews.com/entertainment/tv-movies/kristen-stewart-robert-pattinson-taylor-lautner-earn-25-million-breaking-dawn-report-article-1.200034

He also got $8m for that action film he did right after - so yeah if he didn't Nicolas Cage it he should be set for life and beyond even with agents, publicists, manager and lawyer  fees + taxes.

• Thanks 1

I always find it interesting on which actors/actresses actually have careers after they've starred in big teenager aimed films and movies. Its always harder for them to get taken seriously as someone besides the character that they played for whatever reason. Usually one cast member makes it or none of them make it. 

The Twilight stars got lucky in that two of them where able to move past their respective roles. Sucks for Taylor Lautner that he wasn't one of the two. Then again maybe it was his choice to just take his money and walk away. 

2 minutes ago, Nova said:

I always find it interesting on which actors/actresses actually have careers after they've starred in big teenager aimed films and movies. Its always harder for them to get taken seriously as someone besides the character that they played for whatever reason. Usually one cast member makes it or none of them make it. 

The Twilight stars got lucky in that two of them where able to move past their respective roles. Sucks for Taylor Lautner that he wasn't one of the two. Then again maybe it was his choice to just take his money and walk away. 

He might've been able to move past Twilight had he been able to, ya know, act.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

3 minutes ago, filmlover said:

He might've been able to move past Twilight had he been able to, ya know, act.

cold.jpg

In his defense there's quite a few folks who can't act and yet Hollywood insists on shoving them down our throats *CoughScottEastwoodCough* 

• Like 1