That One Girl

MISSION: IMPOSSIBLE FALLOUT WEEKEND THREAD | 23 Friday...MM2 4.8...TT 4.25 EQ2 4.0

5 minutes ago, Alli said:

Rank the A-list guys based on acting talent

Depp

Cruise

Denzel

Smith

Pitt

Keanu

Clooney

Here's my a-list rank:

Garret Hedlund

Taylor Kitsch

Miles Teller

Dane DeHaan

Jai Courtney

Sam Worthington

Scott Eastwood

• Like 3
  • Haha 2
  • Astonished 1

Speaking of which, the new Migos song is pretty lame!

Just now, filmlover said:

With Mowgli now being sent to streaming (lol) I wonder if anything will move to October 19 to take its place. The month looks really packed in general even without it.

I doubt anything moves. As you said, the month is packed.

1 minute ago, Alli said:

I have not seen many denzel movies, but depp i feel is the most talented by a big margin

Watch Malcom X, Glory,  Philadelphia, Devil In A Blue Dress, Training Day, Flight, Mississippi Masala, Fences  etc and then get back to me. 

• Like 8
  • Thanks 1

12 minutes ago, Alli said:

Rank the A-list guys based on acting talent

Depp

Cruise

Denzel

Smith

Pitt

Keanu

Clooney

Depp and Denzel on the top tier - you can't really call Depp a one trick pony b/c he aced so many diverse normal roles before he got into the crazy stuff...and you buy him in everything...just like Denzel (although Denzel hasn't had as many crazy roles, he's also played practically everything:)

Cruise right under that tier - just for charisma and crazy stunts if nothing else - he makes you watch, and that can't be taught...

Smith and Pitt in the middle tier a ways down...

Clooney and Keanu at the bottom (with Keanu being last)...

Edited by TwoMisfits

That is a very strange A-list lol and also Denzel blows them all out of the water. Not even a fight

The real male A-list at this point is Leo, Denzel, the Rock, Kevin Hart, Bradley Cooper, RDJ, Matt Damon, Cruise, probably still Will Smith, Pitt (I'm not even sure at this point) and maybe like Mark Wahlberg or Will Ferrell or Chris Pratt if you are feeling extra generous. 

• Like 2

Now, whose films/filmography will people still watch 50 years from now? Who'll be the most remembered based on the films they've done (not tabloid gossip). Whose films will stand the test of time?  I think Clooney is definitely last here

Denzel not only has two Oscars but is also an acclaimed Tony winning stage actor, very pretty impressive for a guy who's also a huge movie star and can open a mediocre action movie like Equalizer 2 to $35m.

Cruise is always at least good even in trash movies and never phones it in + his performance in Magnolia is one of the best supporting performances ever IMO. Pitt is less consistent as I do think he phones it in sometimes and is actively BAD in some parts (lol 12 years a slave) but his filmography and level of talent in his resume is top notch.

Depp has some great performances but also does some of the worst shit I've ever seen on screen so idk. The rest are just marginally talented charismatic people.

1 minute ago, Cmasterclay said:

That is a very strange A-list lol and also Denzel blows them all out of the water. Not even a fight

The real male A-list at this point is Leo, Denzel, the Rock, Kevin Hart, Bradley Cooper, RDJ, Matt Damon, Cruise, probably still Will Smith, Pitt (I'm not even sure at this point) and maybe like Mark Wahlberg or Will Ferrell or Chris Pratt if you are feeling extra generous. 

oh shit i forgot about leo. that says something. i think he was better actor when he was young

Just now, Alli said:

Now, whose films/filmography will people still watch 50 years from now? Who'll be the most remembered based on the films they've done (not tabloid gossip). Whose films will stand the test of time?  I think Clooney is definitely last here

out of your list probs will smith.

2 minutes ago, Cmasterclay said:

Thomas the Hanks Engine?