That One Girl

MISSION: IMPOSSIBLE FALLOUT WEEKEND THREAD | 23 Friday...MM2 4.8...TT 4.25 EQ2 4.0

Just now, Jayhawk said:

Back to the A-list discussion, if Creed II is big MBJ will probably be considered an A-lister at that point.

Just now, CoolEric258 said:

Oh yeah, and Michael B. Jordan seems like he can really be an A-list draw in a few years. He's already got Creed and Black Panther, so he's really just two or three big movies away from hitting the big time.

:thinking:

• Haha 1

MBJ would maybe already be there if he hadn't decided to fuck off from movies for two full years. I don't get when guys so early in their career take huge breaks. I get why Leo can do it now, but MBJ could have used a hit between Creed and Black Panther to solidify himself. I agree he's close, though.

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, Cmasterclay said:

Brad Pitt is pretty terrible at playing normal humans, Moneyball and A River Runs Through It (where he is handsome as FUCK, yeesh) are the only two really good ones I can remember. He's at his best in Snatch/Inglorious Basterds/12 Monkeys type shits. I guess his role in Seven is fairly normal and he's fine in it, honestly the weak link of a great film though.

Troy is probably the worst "star" performance in recent history. What a goddamn stinker, and that shag haircut. Me and my mom still laugh at this movie whenever we see it on.

What’s in the box tho

6 minutes ago, Cmasterclay said:

I appreciate that Cruise Missile has given us a decade plus of high-quality, original or creative blockbuster types (MI, American Made, Edge of Tomorrow, countless others) that most other actors can't get greenlit. That said, I would love to see him act in something that isn't a total Cruise blockbuster vehicle. Do another Magnolia or something. It's time. I would have been wayyy more interested in seeing him in the next QT than Pitt.

See, this is where Tarantino’s new joint would’ve been good for him. It’s so fucking dumb he chose Top Gun 2 instead, because the role was his.

• Like 1

cruise just likes to work with his boys at this point. McQuarrie has worked on goddamn near every movie Cruise has been in this decade, also Doug Liman and he's doing top gun 2 with Joe Kosinski cos he directed Cruise's Scientology movie.

3 minutes ago, WrathOfHan said:

What’s in the box tho

See, this is where Tarantino’s new joint would’ve been good for him. It’s so fucking dumb he chose Top Gun 2 instead, because the role was his.

Eh, well now that Cruise is on Tarantino's short list of people to work with, always possible the stars can align for another role.

Or he'll just be Will Smith regretting like Django

• Like 1

1 minute ago, CoolioD1 said:

cruise just likes to work with his boys at this point. McQuarrie has worked on goddamn near every movie Cruise has been in this decade, also Doug Liman and he's doing top gun 2 with Joe Kosinski cos he directed Cruise's Scientology movie.

It is the other way around, Tom Cruise lost his goodwill among lots of fillmakers because of all the rumors about him.

• Like 1

Usually it's a good thing to be the title villain in a blockbuster superhero movie but Apocalypse seems to have thrown Oscar Isaac's sterling career head-first into a brickwall. He hasn't really recovered, though Poe trying to fuck every single sentient creature in Last Jedi at least helped. I think that dude has serious talent. Inside Llewyn Davis still maybe the best all-around male performance of the 2010s. 

4 minutes ago, CoolioD1 said:

RDJ is gonna get one of those cary grant deals where he wasn't taken super seriously in his own heyday and it was kinda after the fact that all the critics and such went "ooooh wait he's like the best movie star of all time lol"

I think he got a lot of serious love from critics up until IM became it's own industry where he made it look too easy and it was too successful to be considered acting - much like Grant in that way.

To see how truly great he is - watch the mediocre or bad movies he's been in.   See Altman's wretched Gingerbread Man where Branagh sinks and RDJ still crafts a character worth watching, or the mess Two Girls & A Guy.   Or on a bigger scale - how he actually made a Guy Ritchie blockbuster work.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Alli said:

Hot Take: The next big thing is gonna be Ansel Elgort. I see him being A-list in a few short years

And that will be my cue to take the Tele route and start hating movies

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

1 minute ago, Alli said:

How do you say NO to tarantino for Top GUn 2?  I still maintain he wasn't in the cards for the role. pitt was announced first and he ultimately was the one cast

Top Gun 2 is probably a giant pay day waiting to happen for Cruise.

3 minutes ago, MrPink said:

Eh, well now that Cruise is on Tarantino's short list of people to work with, always possible the stars can align for another role.

Or he'll just be Will Smith regretting like Django

hey kurt russell turned down django and he got a big role in the next one.

Kevin costner and Sacha Baron Cohen also turned down roles in django... no word on those guys.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

Just now, Cmasterclay said:

Usually it's a good thing to be the title villain in a blockbuster superhero movie but Apocalypse seems to have thrown Oscar Isaac's sterling career head-first into a brickwall. He hasn't really recovered, though Poe trying to fuck every single sentient creature in Last Jedi at least helped. I think that dude has serious talent. Inside Llewyn Davis still maybe the best all-around male performance of the 2010s. 

I dont see it in the cards for Oscar Issac to make it really big i don't know why. He's already been upstaged by  Daisy Ridley, Adam Driver and John Boyega to a smaller extent. But none of them  really seem like they'll have an A-list career after the franchise is done.  

They should have called Tom Hardy instead of Pitt for the next QT, given that him and Leo are best buds anyway. What are the chances that Hardy and QT would have come to blows on set? 100 percent? 1000? Would have been a moment

• Haha 1

6 minutes ago, Alli said:

Hot Take: The next big thing is gonna be Ansel Elgort. I see him being A-list in a few short years

I don't know but I like him. The hate that he gets from certain corners is baffling to me. He's good in that corny Fault in Our Stars and he's good in Baby Driver as well. 

Edited by Zakiyyah6