NickDisney13

Fantasy Island | February 14, 2020 | Sony/Blumhouse | Michael Pena, Lucy Hale

With a budget of 7 million dollars, and that there is a pretty solid base of horror movie fans who go see every horror movie..enve those they think are going to suck....it would be hard to this not to make its' break even point of 14 Million dollars.

4 hours ago, Blaze Heatnix said:

Some people from reddit are saying they can't find Thursday previews for this movie. So, I guess it's real.

Why would Sony do that? Even horrible movies like The Turning, The Grudge and Black Christmas got previews...Really weird.

Taking a stab in the dark here, maybe the studio thinks this will play really, really well on Valentine's Day and having no previews the night before will maximize ticket sales on the 14th.

That's all I got.

• Like 2

On ‎2‎/‎4‎/‎2020 at 10:24 PM, JB33 said:

Taking a stab in the dark here, maybe the studio thinks this will play really, really well on Valentine's Day and having no previews the night before will maximize ticket sales on the 14th.

That's all I got.

Yeah, this film has "Valentine's Date Movie" written all over it.....

And No previews is almost always a sign the studio does not much confidence in a film.

Edited by dudalb

On ‎2‎/‎4‎/‎2020 at 5:46 PM, Blaze Heatnix said:

Some people from reddit are saying they can't find Thursday previews for this movie. So, I guess it's real.

Why would Sony do that? Even horrible movies like The Turning, The Grudge and Black Christmas got previews...Really weird.

Does not indicate the studio has a lot of confidence in the film.that is sure.

I t

Edited by dudalb

15 minutes ago, dudalb said:

And No previews is almost always a sign the studio does not much confidence in a film.

I don’t get it, would Thursday night previews be able to sink a movie if it’s no good? Seems like it would be a bit late at that point.

also, are there press screenings for this?

7 minutes ago, Boxofficerules said:

I don’t get it, would Thursday night previews be able to sink a movie if it’s no good? Seems like it would be a bit late at that point.

also, are there press screenings for this?

If there are no previews, I doubt there will be press screenings.

And it's not like this a huge release for Sony anyway. The film cost just 7 Million dollars. That is about as low as you can go and still have a professional looking project.

On 2/6/2020 at 12:26 PM, dudalb said:

Yeah, this film has "Valentine's Date Movie" written all over it.....

Uh....are you aware of how many teen couples go to horror movies? I'm talking about mostly that demographic. Young adults will go see The Photograph, sure. Some teen couples too. Most of them will go see a horror.

4 minutes ago, Alli said:

I read a review saying the twist is overly complicated

plus, no reviews yet...i mean i wasn't expecting it to be highly praised, but it will probably get trashed

I’ve been told they aren’t doing any press screenings, not in Austin anyway. No Thursday night preview screenings either. I saw a contest to win tickets, the tickets where for Friday, normally I’d expect a contest to give tickets for an advanced screening.

Projected to do 14 Million OW.

So OW it would have already passed the Break Even point...you can't say that about many films.....

Which is why low budget horror films are the safest bet there is. Enough of a core audience will show up regardless of reviews or  WOM to pretty much guarantee you will get your budget back. Very low risk propostion.

14 hours ago, dudalb said:

Projected to do 14 Million OW.

So OW it would have already passed the Break Even point...you can't say that about many films.....

Which is why low budget horror films are the safest bet there is. Enough of a core audience will show up regardless of reviews or  WOM to pretty much guarantee you will get your budget back. Very low risk propostion.

Most films don't have P&A 3-5x the budget domestic)