NickDisney13

Fantasy Island | February 14, 2020 | Sony/Blumhouse | Michael Pena, Lucy Hale

3 hours ago, The Horror of Lucas Films said:

This movie has a lot of potencial, but Uni needs to step-up the marketing for it. They're losing their ablity to market a Horror movie to teenage girls.

3 hours ago, DAJK said:

If Uni has great marketing over the next 7 days (I doubt it) I could see this opening on par with Truth or Dare. 

Sony is putting this out.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, The Horror of Lucas Films said:

This movie has a lot of potencial, but Uni needs to step-up the marketing for it. They're losing their ablity to market a Horror movie to teenage girls.

3 hours ago, DAJK said:

If Uni has great marketing over the next 7 days (I doubt it) I could see this opening on par with Truth or Dare. 

Will be interested to see Uni market something they aren't releasing :thinking: 

• Haha 3

7 minutes ago, Boxofficerules said:

If it’s true that there are no Thursday night screenings, I assume Sony thinks the movie is awful.

If true, then Sony is being smart. They spent only 7 Million on this, know that enough Horror fans will show up to get their money back on that small investment, so why spend money on a marketing campaign for a film that the GA will not go see anyway? And if it does a little better then expected, that's anice bonus that gives you a profit you would not have had had you spent a lot markeing the film.

Edited by dudalb

2 minutes ago, dudalb said:

If true, then Sony is being smart. They spent only 7 Million on this, know that enough Horror fans will show up to get their money back on that small investment, so why spend money on a marketing campaign for a film that the GA will not go see anyway?

That plan didn’t seem to work too well for Black Christmas or The Turning.

2 hours ago, Boxofficerules said:

If it’s true that there are no Thursday night screenings, I assume Sony thinks the movie is awful.

Wow! That would be hilarious. Where did you see that the movie won't hve Thursday night screenings? I'm curious.

Plot looks like very confusing, so it might not flow well with general audiences. 

40 minutes ago, Blaze Heatnix said:

Wow! That would be hilarious. Where did you see that the movie won't hve Thursday night screenings? I'm curious.

Plot looks like very confusing, so it might not flow well with general audiences. 

I asked how the film was tracking in the tracking thread and was told there was no Thursday night screenings for it. So if it’s not true, blame them.

I went to Fandango and looked around, couldn’t find any Thursday Night tickets at all. But I don’t have the time to look everywhere.

Edited by Boxofficerules

16 hours ago, Boxofficerules said:

wasnt truth or dare considered awful and it did fine?? or ouija. i mean...

BLUMHOUSE'S TRUTH OR DARE

Critics Consensus

Truth or Dare's slick presentation isn't enough to make this mediocre horror outing much more frightening than an average round of the real-life game.

16%

TOMATOMETER

Total Count: 152

22%

AUDIENCE SCORE

User Ratings: 2,643

OUIJA

Critics Consensus

Slowly, steadily, although no one seems to be moving it in that direction, the Ouija planchette points to NO.

6%

TOMATOMETER

Total Count: 87

24%

AUDIENCE SCORE

User Ratings: 30,400
Edited by aladdino

17 minutes ago, aladdino said:

wasnt truth or dare considered awful and it did fine?? or ouija. i mean...

BLUMHOUSE'S TRUTH OR DARE

Critics Consensus

Truth or Dare's slick presentation isn't enough to make this mediocre horror outing much more frightening than an average round of the real-life game.

16%

TOMATOMETER

Total Count: 152

22%

AUDIENCE SCORE

User Ratings: 2,643

OUIJA

Critics Consensus

Slowly, steadily, although no one seems to be moving it in that direction, the Ouija planchette points to NO.

6%

TOMATOMETER

Total Count: 87

24%

AUDIENCE SCORE

User Ratings: 30,400

At least those two had Thursday previews. The fact that they aren’t with this give the impression they really don’t want word getting out.

4 hours ago, aladdino said:

you're on a box office forum asking if black christmas was a hit? that movie bombed doing 10m DOM

I understand it managed to make back it's budget, but that is about it. if you don't get into profit, you are not a hit.