sfran43

Weekend Thread: | Estimates (per BOM) ~ M:I-F 35M, DCR 25.003M, TSWDM 12.35M, MM!HWGA 9.09M, TE2 8.83M, HT3:SV 8.2M, AMatW 6.188M, TDM 5.8M

1 minute ago, AJG said:

A store near me has had the same 2 Warcraft toys sitting on the shelf for years

s-l640.jpg

i have to walk past them every time I go through the shop. It’s kinda sad.

Just paint them purple and sell them as Thanos.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Yeah it's weird how fact THG was forgotten, but I guess not everything can be Harry Potter or Lord of The Rings or something. I mean what do you expect people to talk about the series is done lol 

28 minutes ago, Jandrew said:

I'm like a generation younger than you and I've seen the Graduate. You should be ashamed, getting outclassed by a young avocado toast millennial.

Just never got around to it

1 minute ago, eddyxx said:

I have never seen The Godfather trilogy. Or Citizen Kane. 

But I've seen every Marvel Studios film and most of the non-Marvel Marvels.😎

solid time management

1 minute ago, eddyxx said:

But I've seen every Marvel Studios film and most of the non-Marvel Marvels.😎

Me too. I keep wanting to start the Godfather trilogy but the first movie is 3 hours long and I get turned off.

I just noticed Blindpostting has a much higher audience rating than Sorry to Bother you on RT (89% vs 62%) but Sorry to Bother you has made a lot more money. Is Blindspotting getting released to more theatres this week? . 

Edited by ban1o

2 minutes ago, eddyxx said:

.😎

There was a time when i was really into old black and white movies. Like a lot of 30/40/50s movies, but i never got to watch Citizen kane. I'll watch it one of these days. it's regarded as one of the best movies

https://variety.com/2018/film/news/box-office-tom-cruise-mission-impossible-christopher-robin-1202894580/

"Tom Cruise will prevail again at North American multiplexes this weekend with “Mission: Impossible — Fallout,” heading for an impressive $32 million second weekend, early estimates showed Friday.

Disney’s live-action “Christopher Robin” is heading for second place with a respectable $28 million at 3,602 screens. Lionsgate’s action-comedy “The Spy Who Dumped Me” will finish third with about $11 million. Fox’s opening of dystopian sci-fier “The Darkest Minds” is launching inauspiciously with about $7 million at 3,127 locations and will battle a trio of holdovers for fourth place — Universal’s third weekend of “Mamma Mia! Here We Go Again,” Sony’s fourth weekend of “Hotel Transylvania 3: Summer Vacation,” and Sony’s third weekend of “The Equalizer 2.”

Dinesh D’Souza’s pro-Donald Trump documentary “Death of a Nation: Can We Save America a Second Time?” is performing in line with forecasts of about $3 million at 1,002 locations this weekend for Quality Flix."

These are the early Friday numbers...Deadline just doesn't feel like reporting this weekend...

Edited by TwoMisfits
  • Like 8

Just now, Jake Gittes said:

My most embarrassing still-unseens I guess are Seven Samurai and It's a Wonderful Life. 

That an impressive blind spot to have, considering how much it played on TV (if you are American)

Just now, Alli said:

but i never got to watch Citizen kane. I'll watch it one of these days. it's regarded as one of the best movies

Seeing it now in the context of being one of Trump favorite movie and him achieving to do what Kane failed to make it a bit interesting.

But I would not say it particularly aged well imo, impressive for the low budget too.

2 minutes ago, TwoMisfits said:

https://variety.com/2018/film/news/box-office-tom-cruise-mission-impossible-christopher-robin-1202894580/

"Tom Cruise will prevail again at North American multiplexes this weekend with “Mission: Impossible — Fallout,” heading for an impressive $32 million second weekend, early estimates showed Friday.

Disney’s live-action “Christopher Robin” is heading for second place with a respectable $28 million at 3,602 screens. Lionsgate’s action-comedy “The Spy Who Dumped Me” will finish third with about $11 million. Fox’s opening of dystopian sci-fier “The Darkest Minds” is launching inauspiciously with about $7 million at 3,127 locations and will battle a trio of holdovers for fourth place — Universal’s third weekend of “Mamma Mia! Here We Go Again,” Sony’s fourth weekend of “Hotel Transylvania 3: Summer Vacation,” and Sony’s third weekend of “The Equalizer 2.”

Dinesh D’Souza’s pro-Donald Trump documentary “Death of a Nation: Can We Save America a Second Time?” is performing in line with forecasts of about $3 million at 1,002 locations this weekend for Quality Flix."

yay i hope those MI F numbers hold

3 minutes ago, TwoMisfits said:

pretty boring and awful for all three openers.

• Like 1