Litio

House Clock DHD says $26.9m, ASF $10.2m, The Nun ($10.1m) burries Predator ($8.7m), F $3.1m, LI $1.99m || Weekend Thread

Wow. The revised number for The Nun (-44%) is very impressive. 115m may not be out of the equation.

3rd weekend holds for TCU movies :-

TC1 - 41.3%

Annabelle - 50.3%

TC2 - 48.2%

Annabelle: Creation - 50.8%

CRA holds better than both The Help (-27%) & We're The MiIller's (-29.8%). That's very good. 180m is likely.

Edited by MaxAggressor
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1

38 minutes ago, KeepItU25071906 said:

‘The House With A Clock In Its Walls’ Sounding Near $27M Alarm; Counterprogramming Still In Deep Sleep

1. House                  26,9 mln (11,5 Saturday)

2. A Simple Favor    10,2 mln (-36%)

3. The Nun              10.1 mln (-44%)

4. The Predator        8.7 mln (-65%) 

5. Crazy Rich Asians 6.4 mln (-26%)

That’s good to see The Nun stabilise.

Going to see a Simple Favour at 2pm today 

Edited by Krissykins

Monster jump for The House With A Clock In Its Walls. I guess it really is playing like a kids movie. Also, way better hold for The Nun than anyone anticipated. Very good hold for A Simple Favor as well. Crazy Rich Asians on path for a potential 180M gross.

The Predator.... :rofl:.

Edited by MCKillswitch123

Solid for "House", nice bounce back for Eli after "Death Wish"  didn't do so hot earlier in the year.   Also looks like it was a good budget for this as well.   I think Jack is really doing pretty good over the last few years.   Everything "The Nun" makes is icing on the cake, James just has a rock solid horror formula after this, "Saw" and "Insidious" franchises.   ASF is also doing very well being a "Thriller".  The Predator is doing meh and the legs are looking shaky already.   Definitely under "Covenant" domestic and worldwide.  I saw a report that they should of brought Arnold back (To try and get that Nostalgia bump) but he didn't want to do a cameo and not have a more meaty role.   WBR budget was in check but it's still not moving very much. CRA is slowing down but it's already a huge success for a Romantic Comedy.  "The Meg" just keeps chopping along, lol.   Overall I'm much more excited for Oct to see what "Venom" and Michael does.  

Edited by filmscholar

14 hours ago, Zakiyyah6 said:

People used to claim that R rated horror films didn't make money for some reason

Wait weren't most of the iconic horror franchise/box office hits that kicked off the genre itself and the ones still kicking around mostly composed of Rated R movies .... :kitschjob:

Almost all the horror franchise that comes to my minds are Rated R movies

Edited by NamakFiskKa

7 hours ago, filmlover said:

I saw the movie today and if they consider that to be "too scary" for kids, I can't imagine how they would've reacted to family films from 20-30+ years ago.

Don’t these parents do any research or at least watch a trailer.