NickDisney13

Gretel and Hansel | Jan 31 2020 | Orion Pictures | Sophia Lillis

https://www.hollywoodreporter.com/amp/heat-vision/it-star-sophia-lillis-star-gretel-hansel-film-1149437

Sophia Lillis, the breakout from the 2017 hit Stephen King adaptation It, will star in Gretel and Hansel, a reimagining of the Brothers Grimm fairy tale from Orion Pictures.

Osgood Perkins, who wrote and directed the haunted-house horror pics The Blackcoat’s Daughter and I Am the Pretty Thing That Lives in the House, is helming the spooky thriller, which he wrote with Rob Hayes.  

The story is described as being set a long time ago in a distant fairy tale countryside and focuses on a young girl who leads her little brother into a dark wood in desperate search of food and work, only to stumble upon a nexus of terrifying evil.

Orion is prepping a fall shoot in Ireland.

Brian Kavanaugh-Jones (Sinister, Upgrade) and Fred Berger (La La Land, Autopsy of Jane Doe), partners at Automatik Entertainment, will produce. Sandra Yee Ling will executive produce. Dan Kagan will oversee the project on behalf of Orion.

• Thanks 1

Hopefully this is a success, both for Sophia Lillis and for Orion Pictures. It's interesting how they're planning to focus on Gretel, which is probably a good idea; the protagonist treatment only needs to be placed on one character instead of multiple.

• Like 1

On ‎4‎/‎17‎/‎2019 at 6:37 AM, CaptainJackSparrow said:

I can’t wait, I’ve wanted a good horror on Hansel and Gretel for a while. 

You got a good one a few years ago....

5 hours ago, Taylor said:

Not impressed. I add my voice to the chorus of "I would have rather had a sequel to the Hawkeye version".

And this version will not have any lines as good as "Whatever you  do, don't eat the f******g candy" or as clever as the MIlk Carton reference at the beginning....." 

• Like 1