CJohn

The Dark Tower | August 4, 2017 | McConaughey, Elba | Reviews coming in, it's a bomb etc. etc. - we know this drill by now

I hope this movie does well to warrant the greenlit of the other books being turned to movies or are they still going with that movie/tv show hybrid thing? Either way I want to see A Wizard and Glass live action adaption so bad. Would be really curious to see who they get to play a young Idris. 

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, Telemachos said:

For better or worse, that's essentially worthless at this point. Whatever they're working with now has (almost certainly) changed significantly.

I think the writer makes a good point about how certain segments of the early draft likely did remain intact. Granted, it's speculation. I would be surprised if we see the Drawing of the Three in the first movie, perhaps at the very end. The script sounds plausible. It wouldn't be my ideal way to go (too much focus on Jake, Roland having to be convinced to seek the dark tower again) but I can see Hollywood going that route. 

Edited by lilmac

Just now, lilmac said:

I think the writer makes a good point about how certain segments of the early draft likely did remain intact. I would be surprised if we see the Drawing of the Three in the first movie, perhaps at the very end. The script sounds plausible. It wouldn't be my ideal way to go (too much focus on Jake, Roland having to be convinced to seek the dark tower again) but I can see Hollywood going that route. 

Scripts go through so much change, though, that even with the same writing/directing team it wouldn't really be worth it to review a development draft. With a new writer (and director!) on board all bets are off. Any review of a script is just... ehhhh (though I know AICN means well.)

On 12/9/2015 at 11:45 PM, The Panda Knight said:

Why is this being released in January?  They should pull a December release, LOTR style

They moved it to February 17th actually. and SW8 is in December.