CJohn

The Dark Tower | August 4, 2017 | McConaughey, Elba | Reviews coming in, it's a bomb etc. etc. - we know this drill by now

http://collider.com/spider-man-spin-off-movies-the-dark-tower-trailer/#passengers-images

Tom Rothman was interviewed at the Inferno premiere. Most of the interview focuses on Spidey and Passengers, but Dark Tower stuff was talked about.

Good news: The movie reportedly satisfies both fans and newcomers, Idris Elba kicks ass as Roland, and Stephen King is completely gun-ho about his casting. 

Bad news: The first teaser or trailer for the movie will come out around Christmastime. :sadben:

• Like 1

48 minutes ago, Jake Gittes said:

So is this still making the February date with the teaser hitting less than two months before that?

Think Rothman just forgot lol. First footage meant to screen at end of month at EW PopFest. I assume this teaser would've been it.

9 minutes ago, antovolk said:

Think Rothman just forgot lol. First footage meant to screen at end of month at EW PopFest. I assume this teaser would've been it.

The trailer was meant to come out with Inferno OS... I am starting to think it will come out with Inferno DOM and Doctor Strange OS.

• Like 1

17 minutes ago, Arlborn said:

Do you guys think low quality and obviously unfinished leaked stuff can negatively affect a movie like this?

Nah. Most unfinished leaked footage is usually taken down within a couple of hours, is pretty much only talked about by fanboy websites (aka not the GA), and usually is release a couple of months before the actual marketing takes place. No need to panic. :)

• Like 1

2 hours ago, CJohn said:

The trailer was meant to come out with Inferno OS... I am starting to think it will come out with Inferno DOM and Doctor Strange OS.

Inferno OS is this week so I sort of doubt it. Inferno DOM/Strange OS makes more sense

9 minutes ago, DAJK said:

Why so high on OS? Is this massively popular like DaVinci Code?

There is no way this hits almost 400m OS. DVC had the huge controversy going for it and Tower has sold a fraction of what DVC did. Plus, King is more of an American thing. Also, my best friend is an SK fangirl (she read almost every book he ever wrote). And she isn't sure she'll see the movie because of the casting. And I tend to agree. It's good for diversity, but that's not Roland.   

3 hours ago, James said:

There is no way this hits almost 400m OS. DVC had the huge controversy going for it and Tower has sold a fraction of what DVC did. Plus, King is more of an American thing. Also, my best friend is an SK fangirl (she read almost every book he ever wrote). And she isn't sure she'll see the movie because of the casting. And I tend to agree. It's good for diversity, but that's not Roland.   

He has so much potential, she's crazy.