Cap

Black Panther: Wakanda Forever | Nov 11 2022 | Starring 2023 Best Supporting Actress Oscar Nominee Angela Bassett. She did not do the thing!

7 hours ago, Menor Reborn said:

I don't really have any expectations. The last two movies were pretty rough so I just hope this turns things around. 

The thing is WF was originally supposed to be released in phase 5 so I'm hopeful of quality.

Edited by Factcheck

13 minutes ago, BadOlCatSylvester said:

A recent new rumour should make those of you who want this movie to stand on its own very happy. I'll just leave it at that without outright spoiling it.

Spoiler

Showing him would have only resulted in confusion among fans/audience that who is the big bad of this Saga, now there won't be unnecessary expectations for him to be part of Secret Wars.

For social reactions, I guess we look for key words to figure out the overall feeling.

Words like "visually stunning" and "different from other films" or "lots of humor" or "darker than I'd expect" and of course "that's not necessarily a bad thing" are red flags usually. Also, words like "competent" and "I applaud the effort based on the obstacles" can be warning signs. And of course there's the dreaded " very dense plot" or "lots to unpack" and not good signs. If things like these are mentioned, they can often equate rough reviews. Look at reviews for Eternals, Love and Thunder and even MoM and Black Widow to see what social reactions for movies with mediocre-to-bad reviews look like. (that's when the mentioned are the highlights of the reactions). This is not even discussing Venom LTBC or Morbius.

Meanwhile, "the best MCU of phase 4" or "this delivers big time" or "emotionally stirring" can mean it will also have strong reviews. Look back at the reviews for Infinity War, Endgame, Black Panther 1, No Way Home, and Shang Chi for examples. You'd think the world was saved through these movies!

Edited by jedijake

40 minutes ago, jedijake said:

For social reactions, I guess we look for key words to figure out the overall feeling.

Words like "visually stunning" and "different from other films" or "lots of humor" or "darker than I'd expect" and of course "that's not necessarily a bad thing" are red flags usually. Also, words like "competent" and "I applaud the effort based on the obstacles" can be warning signs. And of course there's the dreaded " very dense plot" or "lots to unpack" and not good signs. If things like these are mentioned, they can often equate rough reviews. Look at reviews for Eternals, Love and Thunder and even MoM and Black Widow to see what social reactions for movies with mediocre-to-bad reviews look like. (that's when the mentioned are the highlights of the reactions). This is not even discussing Venom LTBC or Morbius.

Meanwhile, "the best MCU of phase 4" or "this delivers big time" or "emotionally stirring" can mean it will also have strong reviews. Look back at the reviews for Infinity War, Endgame, Black Panther 1, No Way Home, and Shang Chi for examples. You'd think the world was saved through these movies!

Of all the films you mentioned in your first paragraph only one movies had bad reviews. Eternals.

Multiverse of madness is at 75, bw is at 79% abd lat is at 64%. Ok maybe thor also has mediocre reviews 

The truth that some of you don't want to admit is that the majority of this phase is well received on various levels. Every phase has at least one film in the 60s. The only outlier is eternals. Thats it

• Haha 5

39 minutes ago, Jeight said:

Of all the films you mentioned in your first paragraph only one movies had bad reviews. Eternals.

Multiverse of madness is at 75, bw is at 79% abd lat is at 64%. Ok maybe thor also has mediocre reviews 

The truth that some of you don't want to admit is that the majority of this phase is well received on various levels. Every phase has at least one film in the 60s. The only outlier is eternals. Thats it

But compared to IW, EG, SC, BP, and NWH? 

1 hour ago, jedijake said:

Love and Thunder social media reactions had plenty of people saying it was the best of Phase 4 or the best Thor movie. Most of the time, yes, you can tell what the reviews will be from the reactions, but there are always exceptions like L&T and WW84. 

• Like 1

If the reactions don’t say Coogler healed race relations in the US for all time+saved the climate, the movie is going to be hated.

Spoiler

If they do say that, they’re shills and it means nothing.

Edited by Legion By Night
  • Haha 4

Social reactions are just becoming more pointless . After TLT ,can't trust them no more. Even after reading through the lines TLT felt like 80ish % kind of movie . After reviews ,atleast it's better than dark world.

After watching it ,it was worse than dark world imo. Concidentally after 1st weekend rt fell below dark world too.

Let's see if it gets shangi chi level social reactions.

Trust coogler ,this should manage to stay above 80%. 

• Like 2

I would say that Coogler is on a whoooole different level than many recent MCU helmers, so yes, I wouldn't be worried at all about this movie being a problem...despite it's extraordinary circumstances.  If anyone can still deliver under all that...I think Coogler can.  And yes, you could perfectly watch the first Black Panther without any adherence to the larger MCU...and that's what will help it survive.  

• Like 3