Cap

Black Panther: Wakanda Forever | Nov 11 2022 | Starring 2023 Best Supporting Actress Oscar Nominee Angela Bassett. She did not do the thing!

6 minutes ago, Macleod said:

I would say that Coogler is on a whoooole different level than many recent MCU helmers, so yes, I wouldn't be worried at all about this movie being a problem...despite it's extraordinary circumstances.  If anyone can still deliver under all that...I think Coogler can.  And yes, you could perfectly watch the first Black Panther without any adherence to the larger MCU...and that's what will help it survive.  

Also, it helps that Coogler, and his co-writer came back for the sequel. MOM and L&T and even WW2 all changed writers from the previous films.

• Like 4

Call me obsessive and call me naive, but if I wrote and directed a well-received, financially successful movie and came back to direct the sequel, I would be aggressively insistent on either writing, co-writing, or making damn sure whoever does write stays within my vision. 

Coogler holds this project and this universe close to his heart. He also holds Chadwick close to his heart. Whatever he puts into this movie will have come from this. If that shows, it will be well received.

@JeightNo, not saying that under 90 is mediocre (IW got under 90). But as far as reading anything from social media, anything other than "this is the best" and "this is the worst" can go either way and are inconclusive. However, there are some catch phrases that are common among those movies that ended up being "meh".

Edited by jedijake
  • Like 1

"The soundtrack, Black Panther: Wakanda Forever - Music From and Inspired By, will be available on November 4 from Roc Nation Records/Def Jam Recordings/Hollywood Records. The soundtrack album producers are Ryan Coogler, Ludwig Göransson, Archie Davis and Dave Jordan. The Black Panther: Wakanda Forever - Original Score, composed and produced by Ludwig Göransson, will be available on November 11 from Hollywood Records."

• Like 2

8 hours ago, Jeight said:

So any mcu movie not in the 90s has automatically "mediocre" reviews?

Some of you have forsaken nuance for the sake of drama...

I see you are new here; hysteria over  a movie reception is Standard Operating Porcedure.