Cap

Black Panther: Wakanda Forever | Nov 11 2022 | Starring 2023 Best Supporting Actress Oscar Nominee Angela Bassett. She did not do the thing!

2 hours ago, jedijake said:

No Way Home:

Critic:93%

Aud: 98%

Shang Chi

Critic:91%

Black Panther

Critic: 96%

Aud: 79%

We all know why the BP audience score was lower than the other two. The BIG question (and saddest one) is whether the ever growing racist sentiment in the USA will hurt WF's audience score. And the bigger question is whether growing racism will hurt its box office numbers. It's sad and pathetic, but it's where we are.

After the first movie was such a huge hit how can you question if racism will effect the box office? That’s extremely laughable. Audiences the world over embraced the first movie.  If the movie is good then people will watch it.

• Like 5

2 hours ago, jedijake said:

No Way Home:

Critic:93%

Shang Chi

Critic:91%

Black Panther

Critic: 96%

Aud: 79%

We all know why the BP audience score was lower than the other two. The BIG question (and saddest one) is whether the ever growing racist sentiment in the USA will hurt WF's audience score. And the bigger question is whether growing racism will hurt its box office numbers. It's sad and pathetic, but it's where we are.

Does nobody remember they switched the algos? 

It used to be anybody and their mothers, much like IMDB, could give a review/score on Rotten Tomatoes. 

Now, it's like you have to verify your ticket. And that's usually only done by chaps that have pre-ordered their tickets on Fandango. 

No walk ups reviewing the movie. Only super fans. 

That's why when people say their RT audience score is like 90%, I cringe. 

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, The GOAT said:

Does nobody remember they switched the algos? 

It used to be anybody and their mothers, much like IMDB, could give a review/score on Rotten Tomatoes. 

Now, it's like you have to verify your ticket. And that's usually only done by chaps that have pre-ordered their tickets on Fandango. 

No walk ups reviewing the movie. Only super fans. 

That's why when people say their RT audience score is like 90%, I cringe. 

I think Aladdin was the first movie to use the verified system, but not too sure. Definitely started in between Endgame and Aladdin's release.

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, grey ghost said:

Marvel Studios had a way better year in 2022 than last year.

2023 should be solid too. 

It will be interesting if Avengers 5 and 6 can still make over 1.5 billion without China or Steve/Tony.

I believe they can. Looking forward at the MCU's announced films, I'd go with the following (+/- 10% and no China/Russia on any)...

BPWF - $975M

AM3 - $650M

GOTG3 - $900M

Marvels - $800M

CA:NWO - $750M

Thunderbolts - $750M
Blade - $600M

Deadpool 3 - $1100M

F4F - $850M
Avengers KD - $1.9B

Avengers SW - $2.4B

2 hours ago, Liiviig 1998 said:

Verified audience score  is more reliable it will be fine.

Racism affects on non verified scores ,it's effects on box office is neglible at best . It's all about GA reception now.

BP on IMDb has 2.9% 1/10s similar to the avengers endgame.

79% audience score  is similar to Endgame's 78% . Was there review bombing ,yes but it was mild at best .

It's no where near TLJ, ROP,Ms marvel,she hulk etc....

That vocal minority has a considerable effect on discourse but miniscule effect on box office. GA don't give a shit .

Endgame has a 90% audience score, BP's 79% is clearly not representative of the actual reception of the film. Unverified audience scores were not especially useful back then, the verified system has really improved that's

• Like 3

5 minutes ago, Menor Reborn said:

Last year had NWH, so that's pretty much an automatic win for 2021. 

2021 has locked the win on movie reception and top movie performance. 2022 will take avg gross but it’s complicated by covid/pa factors and 3 first entries vs 3 sequels.   

TV show wise 2021 probably also wins though maybe gotg xmas is a masterpiece or something.

Edited by Legion By Night

5 hours ago, grey ghost said:

Marvel Studios had a way better year in 2022 than last year.

2023 should be solid too. 

It will be interesting if Avengers 5 and 6 can still make over 1.5 billion without China or Steve/Tony.

Well...we don't know that they won't be in it in some capacity...yet.  (Sorry for the double-negative...) 😉

If we're dealing with Secret Wars and the Multiverse, I wouldn't rule anything out...

Edited by Macleod

4 hours ago, Menor Reborn said:

Endgame has a 90% audience score, BP's 79% is clearly not representative of the actual reception of the film. Unverified audience scores were not especially useful back then, the verified system has really improved that's

Thanks for the correction on EG score. Like I agree in OP I said verified is more reliable.

I was just try to say even when you look at the unverified scores which are very liable to review bombing,they still look fine .

Backlash was never a worry for the BP and doubt it will be now.

1 hour ago, jedijake said:

I haven't been able to find anything about an Art Of the Movie book for BPWF. BP's book came out about a week before the movie. All others came out up to a month before.

It may be happening but probably a while later.  This movie had to go through some pretty unprecedented circumstances and an entire reconfiguration of the script late in the pre-production game...plus a fairly rushed production to make release date...so they can be forgiven for not getting things like a Making-Of book out on time...

• Like 1