Eric the Minion

Spider-Man: Across the Spider-Verse l June 2 2023 | Animators deserve better

Just saw it.

Gosh it will smash everything around it. Now I'm sure it will be the top one of June maybe even the whole summer.

This movie make the cameos in No Way Home & Dr Strange 2 look like joke.

Even though it's a part one thing, it's pretty enjoyable. I never feel the runtime. Hope it never ends.

• Like 6
  • Astonished 2

Don’t think we need to fret too much about the final RT/MC score. People are going to see those high numbers and it should be enough to get them off the fence, if not for OW then via WOM in subsequent weeks 

• Like 1

Im happy that this is breaking out.

I will be even happier that it could make a 100M+ OW. Maybe even 150M+ ? Would be awesome for sure.

However, i dont think it can approach 200M+ OW. Moreover, it isnt actually allowed to go beyond something like 208,8M, so even coming close to that would be quite a sin.

I think we will all be able to live with a nice 140M OW and 400M+ total.

10 minutes ago, Brainbug said:

Im happy that this is breaking out.

I will be even happier that it could make a 100M+ OW. Maybe even 150M+ ? Would be awesome for sure.

However, i dont think it can approach 200M+ OW. Moreover, it isnt actually allowed to go beyond something like 208,8M, so even coming close to that would be quite a sin.

I think we will all be able to live with a nice 140M OW and 400M+ total.

Obviously I’m trolling you about DOM total not OW 😛 

2 hours ago, eXtacy said:

Roger Moore at it again. Was the lowest score of the first movie with 50/100 and gave same score again.

The Bond guy? Isn’t he dead??????????

Spoiler

I know it’s a different guy lol you don’t have to explain that to me

• Knock It Off 2

23 minutes ago, WorkingonaName said:

I don't think we get a $200M opener til Avatar 3 or Batman 2.

I don’t think Batman 2 gets to 200m OW even with the first being well recieved. Thinking more like 150-175m. Avatar 3 I think is a possibility but I’m more in the 150m-180m range for it. Kang Dynasty could do it because the Avengers name is still a sell but depends on the GA reception of the rest of the movies. A Mario 2 could do it but I think there’s more room for it to fall than grow. If Disney gets their shit together and puts in 6-month windows for their family movies like Netflix and Sony are doing, I think a legacy Pixar sequel like Monsters Inc 2 or Finding Marlin or Incredibles 3 can do it. Frozen III is also an option but again Disney needs to put in long ass windows. Depending on how big Across opens, I can see Beyond challenging 200m OW.

Edited by YM!

I absolutely adorded the first one but have had trouble getting as excited for this one, probably because of the overdose of multiverses/Spider-Man content in the interim and fairly meh trailers. This has jacked my excitement backed up. Reviews work!

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, Gavin Feng said:

Just saw it.

Gosh it will smash everything around it. Now I'm sure it will be the top one of June maybe even the whole summer.

This movie make the cameos in No Way Home & Dr Strange 2 look like joke.

Even though it's a part one thing, it's pretty enjoyable. I never feel the runtime. Hope it never ends.

How so? Given those films had to actually get the actors back to reprise roles and this is animated... Does it have cameos from every Spider-Man animated series ever created and they all appear exactly as they did in said animation with the same voice actors voicing the character? Otherwise, not sure I follow as the mediums are so different.

15 minutes ago, Legions of the Galaxy said:

Obviously I’m trolling you about DOM total not OW 😛 

Seriously speaking though, 400M+ may be possible, but i have a very hard time believing Spider Verse could go 500M+, let alone 600M+

15 minutes ago, Brainbug said:

Seriously speaking though, 400M+ may be possible, but i have a very hard time believing Spider Verse could go 500M+, let alone 600M+

All it needs is that “+” ;)   

I do have it below 500 for now though, something like 140*3.2