Eric Furiosa

Spider-Man: Across the Spider-Verse l June 2 2023 | Animators deserve better

1 hour ago, Melosh said:

Can we finally have a animated film nominated for best picture again,and possibly win as well?

It would take nothing short of a miracle for either this or Beyond the Spider-Verse to even get nominated for Best Picture, and the odds of a win would be virtually impossible. 

3 minutes ago, WittyUsername said:

It would take nothing short of a miracle for either this or Beyond the Spider-Verse to even get nominated for Best Picture, and the odds of a win would be virtually impossible. 

Animated films sort o fhave their won little ghetto at the Oscars with Oscars specifically for animated films. Look at how long it took for a foreign language film to win.

It might get nominated if it turns out to be a weak year with 10 slots, but to win would be incredible. Hell, a live action BCM has yet to win.

It toouintil 1991 for A animated film to get a BP nod when "Beauty and the Beast" pulled off.

For some reason nothing can get me interested in this at all (too burnt out by American animation maybe). On the other hand, cannot wait for the full score to release. The first movie's score has some amazing beats and the first track from the new score is sooooo good.

• Like 1

It's really good stuff. Love the new Spider-Men, love the various art styles, love Miles, love Gwen, and I love the themes they decided to tackle. It's exactly what the genre needs in all its reckless ventures into the multiverse and arguments about some dumb status quo. Essentially what it gets down to is what is so heroic about maintaining a status quo that involves certain people suffering? The only problem is it just ends in a "to be continued" (as we already knew since this is merely a part 1). All these character arcs and themes don't see a conclusion in this one movie, and you can tell right from the beginning that this is merely part of a larger story. The first act practically lasts over an hour, a great first act but y'know, it's almost half the movie. For long stretches I was preferring what it was doing over the first film, but it's hard to say it's better since it doesn't stand on its own legs. It's very funny, very creative, and definitely never boring, but it's not complete.

Edited by Lucas
  • Like 3

On 5/25/2023 at 3:30 PM, M37 said:

I’m closer to the $110 than the $150 … but not my much, around $125M for OW presently

Just for the record: still my expectations 

Going to be a little disappointed if it finishes below $120M/GOTG3, but all indications are that it’s poised to at least challenge for those marks