AdamKendall

Weekend Thread 12/28-12/30 AQM 51.5 MPR 28 BB 20.5 ITSV 18.3

11 minutes ago, Chris27 said:

I credit James Cameron and Entourage with 7% of Aquaman's success. 

Tangential to Baumer's comments on Bay and Transformers a few pages back I agree a little but I hope he moves on permanently. 13 hours is one of my favorite movies to rewatch and I want to see what he can do with other things.

If Bay mainly focuses on the action in Six Underground and lets Reynolds, Reese and Wernick be funny as they are, it should work. If Bay tries to tell Reynolds how to be funny, it’s gonna suck.

Edited by Jay Beezy
  • Like 1

3 hours ago, Nova said:

You do realize that before this super hero craze hit, there were several origin CBM that did like $300M. I’m sure their studios didn’t see them as box office failures as they all got sequels. I’m sure you’ve heard of Batman Begins, right? And Captain America The First Avenger?

Its a great thing that the Internet when those films came out isn’t like it is today because those films would be considered bombs/flops by your standards and who knows if we get sequels to them because of overreactions that are unnecessary. 

An alternate reality without the superhero craze? Yes, please!

4 hours ago, The Panda said:

I think both of those cases were unrealistic expectations rather than a movie underperforming.  Disney probably isn’t all that upset with how Poppins is performing, it’ll be a profitable hit.

People always ignore the fact that the second movie in a Star Wars trilogy always drops 30-35% from the first one and TLJ had another juggernaut playing at the same time.

Besides, Poppins is already holding way better than the last Rob Marshall directed musical featuring Emily Blunt and Meryl Streep that Disney released at Christmastime

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, MrGamer said:

"Who are you gonna trust: some troll on the internet or the former President of the United States?"

The thing is, some years from now those two options will apply to the same person.

Edited by Brainbug
  • Haha 6

15 minutes ago, CoolioD1 said:

leave no trace getting endorsements from GDT and Obama. hopefully i can use that to FYC it for the BOFFYs.

It’s coming to Prime next week.  Definitely going to give it a watch 

• Like 3