AniNate

The Good Dinosaur | Peter Sohn | BR/DVD release 2-23-2016 | Pixar's first BO flop

Animated movies can be nominated for visual effects, right? If I'm not mistaken RATATOUILLE was nominated (or maybe shortlisted).

The Lego Movie had the best VFX of any film last year.

Why do you guys think the makers decided to go with so drastically different rendering for characters? Is it a work in progress? The kid and the green dino (main leads) are ok. But there's a shot of 2 t-rexes coming at the screen and that surprisingly "badly" rendered (not the background..that's great)...on purpose of course...but why?

TRZ6PhX.png

EDIT: Actually looking at the trailer again, apart from these 2 rexes all other characters look beautifully rendered.

Edited by a2k

I think people may have a skewed view of the T Rex designs because we've only seen them with their mouths wide open in an unstable action shot. Haven't really gotten a chance to evaluate them as characters

Edited by tribefan695

Looks like croods, only it has dinosaurs and doesn't look anywhere near as fun.

Finally!!

Guys, I don't know what you smoking, but I DON'T want to try it. The animation is UGLY!! Both the cartoonish characters AND the artificial sheen on the backgrounds - and together they look even worse.

Wanna know what looked great - Croods did. Very different than this.

Why do you guys think the makers decided to go with so drastically different rendering for characters? Is it a work in progress? The kid and the green dino (main leads) are ok. But there's a shot of 2 t-rexes coming at the screen and that surprisingly "badly" rendered (not the background..that's great)...on purpose of course...but why?

TRZ6PhX.png

EDIT: Actually looking at the trailer again, apart from these 2 rexes all other characters look beautifully rendered.

See you're not the only one who has pointed this travesty out.

The two monstrous blobs here have been given character one sheets in Brazil.

This is the shot I hate most. It's so ugly and so bad. Looks like a 1990s version of Ice Age.

• Like 2