AniNate

The Good Dinosaur | Peter Sohn | BR/DVD release 2-23-2016 | Pixar's first BO flop

I think with the anniversary they have the right to push how cool their movies have been, and they tie it into the theme of their new film like they did with Inside Out. Btw, if you're in SF, LA, Chicago, Dallas, Cleveland, or Orlando, four Pixar films are playing for $5 at local Cinemarks

Wasn't insulting it, I liked Inside Out's teaser and I liked this too

and jelly of cinemarks

There were a lot of doubters early on.

Did anyone really think it wouldn't be a hit though? I mean, every Pixar movie is at least a mild hit.

It was more a question if it could do better than the normal a little above 200-250m Pixar movies do.

This was tracking under 100 on HSX until the first teaser came out. I know they tend to underestimate animated films but still...

Admittedly, I was not always hyped by the concept. Early on it seemed it was going to be too similar to their other "buddy" plots. I think I started getting optimistic when the LA Times released that preliminary image last year with the redesigned character models indicating it was going for something more gentle and intimate

Edited by tribefan695

It's gonna be massive. 

Boys love dinosaurs (and coming on the heels of Jurassic World, everyone has dino fever) and girls/mom will find it cute (that little boy is designed to make moms go "awwww"). 

Basically a 4-quadrant family film.

Animated kiddie dinosaurs isn't the same as jurassic works dinosaurs

Sorry, I have some residual annoyance from an idiotic JoBlo article saying that it's an indictment on TGD that they're using other movies to promote it

I still read Joblo sometimes, but my god is that an insular site. Nothing but the stereotypical superhero nuts frequent that place, and they're all white hetero men.