AniNate

The Good Dinosaur | Peter Sohn | BR/DVD release 2-23-2016 | Pixar's first BO flop

I'd argue that it's only forgivable as an "exaggeration" if it doesn't become a plot point. Later on in the film the fact that the house still has furniture in it becomes important to the story.It's not the worst inaccuracy in Up, but I still don't think it qualifies as "science". It and Howl's Moving Castle differ in far more ways than the manner in which their living space is propelled through the air that it still can be considered "original", imo. Though wasn't Pete Docter in charge of directing the English vocal dub? I can't imagine him not being influenced by it in some way.Anyway, this dinosaur movie's plot sounds like a mashup of A Bug's Life and Ratatouille, so I'm a little worried about the originality here. And I really hope the title is changed again; it sounds extremely awkward out loud.

Edited by tribefan695
  • Like 1

Bob Petersen is the new Lee Unkrich. He's way overdue to direct his own movie. That's the main reason to be excited about this.Think why some Pixar fans were excited about MI Ghost Protocol. Not because it was original obviously, but because Brad Bird finally gets a shot to direct live action. This is similar for the Pixar geeks like me.

Edited by whoot
  • Like 1

Also there seems to be a rumor going around that John Powell will be scoring this

Early rumors for Pixar composers are always true. Problem is that Powell suddenly cancelled all his lined-up work in 2013 to go for an extended break. He was meant to be scoring Carrie among others, probably Epic.

Lil Wayne needs to get the fuck out.

Lil Wayne? :mellow:

If true this is an absolute stroke of marketing genius on Pixar's part. They should cast him as the boy's dinosaur or whatever and people will flock to see this just to hear Lil' Wayne voice a fucking dinosaur. Avatar is fucked. :lol: