AniNate

The Good Dinosaur | Peter Sohn | BR/DVD release 2-23-2016 | Pixar's first BO flop

When was Brenda Chapman bumped from Brave? What changes did her successor make? That should give us an idea of the affect a director change on such a film can make.

Made it more slapsticky and removed a lot of the mother-daughter relationship to make more time for funny Dad/triplets antics

I just saw John Lasseter, guys tell me it's lie, are they making a new Toy Story? according to IMDB, yes :(

Never trust IMDB. This is the same website that had Katie Holmes listed as being in TDKR a year before it's release. Pixar has yet to confirm a fourth Toy Story (just Toy Story TV specials).

Pixar's current curve reminds me SO MUCH of Disney Renaissance fall slowly starting from Pocahontas and ending with utter shit like Chicken Little and Home on the Range. Unlike Pixar though, Disney Animation actually looks like it is steadily rising again with Princess and the Frog, Tangled, Wreck-It-Ralph and now the epic looking Frozen and Big Hero 6 on the horizon!

How can you say "unlike Pixar" when it's taken Disney a decade to get its act together? Cars 2 was only two years ago.
  • Like 1

Made it more slapsticky and removed a lot of the mother-daughter relationship to make more time for funny Dad/triplets antics

Source?

Yeah, sure they changed director's chair to fill Brave with the weaker points of the film, acording to Internet geeks. And now they're obviously doing the same LOL

Edited by stripe

Source?

Yeah, sure they changed director's chair to fill Brave with the weaker points of the film, acording to Internet geeks. And now they're obviously doing the same LOL

I can't find the source now; it was an interview around March of this year Chapman did around the time of that whole "Merida makeover" fiasco. And I hate to point it out, but the weaker points of Brave is pretty much the whole movie. It's a steaming pile of shit.

I can't find the source now; it was an interview around March of this year Chapman did around the time of that whole "Merida makeover" fiasco. And I hate to point it out, but the weaker points of Brave is pretty much the whole movie. It's a steaming pile of shit.

<_<

Edited by Boxofficefanatic

You lost me with the last part. So no real source and a lot of bias on your side. Fine...
  • Like 1

You lost me with the last part. So no real source and a lot of bias on your side. Fine...

It's been implied in a multitude of interviews with Mark Andrews that he said the movie needed more comedy and he personally likes slapstick. I don't care what you think of me since you've clearly made up your mind on the subject

• Like 1

Title and Grade.  Here we go:

Toy Story - AAA

A Bug's Life - A

Toy Story 2 - AAA

Monsters, Inc. - AA

Finding Nemo - AAA

The Incredibles - AAA

Cars - B

Ratatouille - AA

WALL-E - AAA

Up - A

Toy Story 3 - AAA

Cars 2 - C

Brave - B

Monsters University - A

I usually veer off mainstream opinion when it comes to Ratatouille (vastly underrated) and Up (slightly overrated).

The Incredibles -10/10Ratatouille -10/10Wall-E - 9.5/10Toy Story III -9.5/10Up - 9/10Monsters Inc. - 8.5/10Monsters University - 8.5/10Toy Story 2 - 8.5/10Toy Story - 8.5/10 Finding Nemo - 8.5/10 

Brave - 8/10A Bug's Life - 7.5/10Cras - 7/10Cars II - 5/10 

• Like 1

- indisputable masterpiece

Incredibles

Wall-E

Rataouille

- perfect

Up

Toy Story 3

Monsters INC

- great

Toy Story 2

Brave

Nemo

- good

Cars

Monsters University

Bug's Life

- meh

Toy Story

- Pixar abomination aka below the average

Cars 2

Edited by Goffe

Brave has great!!!!