AniNate

The Good Dinosaur | Peter Sohn | BR/DVD release 2-23-2016 | Pixar's first BO flop

Those backgrounds are gorgeous.

The character designs and animation are mostly okay. I don't mind the cutesy. I do question why the avian dinosaurs (T-Rexes and such) don't have feathers, though. That bugs me.

The dinosaurs not having feathers doesn't bother me at all, since I'm pretty sure much like JW, this film isn't meant to be super-realistic, heh!

Edited by Insidearcher

The Croods did $500 million WW, Good Dinosaur should do $600-800 million WW.

The Croods

Domestic Total Gross: $187,168,425 Distributor: Fox Release Date: March 22, 2013 Genre: Animation Runtime: 1 hrs. 38 min. MPAA Rating: PG Production Budget: $135 million    

Total Lifetime Grosses
Domestic:  $187,168,425    31.9%Foreign:  $400,036,243    68.1% = Worldwide:  $587,204,668 (UNADJUSTED!!)

And just wait & see what Croods2 will do.

Edited by Despicable Shay

Those backgrounds are gorgeous.

The character designs and animation are mostly okay. I don't mind the cutesy. I do question why the avian dinosaurs (T-Rexes and such) don't have feathers, though. That bugs me.

You'll notice that those rodents they showed a brief glimpse of never existed IRL either. Since this is an alternate timeline, they have the artistic license to make their animals evolve however they want.

Quite a few Pixar films made me cry, they're usually good at bringing real genuine emotion to their films, and I'm such a wimp that I can't help but cry. :lol:

1. Monsters Inc

2, Finding Nemo

3. Ratatouille

4. Wall-E

5. Up

6. Toy Story 3

7. Brave

8. Inside Out (Film probably made me cry more times then previous Pixar films did)

I'm sure The Good Dinosaur will make me cry just as much IO did.

Edited by Insidearcher

You'll notice that those rodents they showed a brief glimpse of never existed IRL either. Since this is an alternate timeline, they have the artistic license to make their animals evolve however they want.

Yes, the timeline diverges in that the Chicxulub impact never happened, hence the remaining existence of non-avian dinosaurs like Arlo. His design is fine.

However, the impact didn't create feathered dinosaurs. They existed long before it. And remained afterwards, since modern birds are a subset. If they're going to show actual dinosaurs (even stylized versions of such), they can show feathers on the ones that had them.

I'll probably love the movie, but this is something that'll continue to bother me.

Well, well, well.

A definite improvement over the teaser trailer.

I like the look of the other creatures and of course the world itself looks beautiful.

I'm hoping that those T-rexes, despite having voices and character one sheets and all appear for a brief moment only.

I have actually no problem with the Apatosaurus design. The T-rexes though are still fucking bad (but it's the same shot). 

Maybe not. Tangled's drama was much more prolonged.

I imagine TGD is at least $250m, if not more, Considering that animation studios are trying to keep budgets as low as possible e.g Illumination and also in the case of DWA cutting budgets, Disney still allows Pixar to have huge budgets, even WDAS budgets are a tad lower.