Seto Kaiba

Mission: Impossible - Dead Reckoning Part 1 | July 12 2023 | 99% on Rotten Tomatoes! | 290M budget so far, Cruise holding Paramount hostage for more money

1 hour ago, CoolioD1 said:

I think the first jack reacher is basically a perfect movie for what it is but the second one is like a bad CBS show. Felt like the most low rent thing cruise has ever done.

The trailer completely hid this teenager brought along for the ride that Reacher had to take care of and god it was such a chore. Really did feel dated by about 15-20 years when it came out.

• Like 1

Just came out of my showing in the UK, it was a lot of movie, so still processing it, but my initial reaction are that it's up there with Fallout as the best in the series, I really really loved the last act of the movie specially the last set piece, really looking forward to part 2.

2/3 Part 1 movies have been really amazing this year.

• Like 2

37 minutes ago, BlitheringEdiot said:

Just came out of my showing in the UK, it was a lot of movie, so still processing it, but my initial reaction are that it's up there with Fallout as the best in the series, I really really loved the last act of the movie specially the last set piece, really looking forward to part 2.

2/3 Part 1 movies have been really amazing this year.

I liked fast x too personally but it's nowhere near ATSV and from what I'm hearing Dead Reckoning either.

Edited by Austin

Just got back from my showing and as expected, it’s excellent. Definitely up there with Fallout as the best in the series.

Also, don’t let the lack of expanded aspect ratio in IMAX put you off, it’s still absolutely worth seeing it as big and loud as possible.

OH IT'S SO GOOD!!!!

About 20 mins in I just let out the widest toothy grin, I was just enjoying it so much, and that continued right till the end. The final act is properly nail biting. I needed to pee so bad like 40 mins before the end and I couldn't move from my seat, I was so gripped.

After the disappointment of Indiana Jones last week this is such a direct and superior comparison. James Mangold, Disney, Lucasfilm, that's how you do a real car chase, and THAT IS HOW YOU DO A TRAIN SEQUENCE!!!!!!!

This franchise is so entertaining and so satisfying to give us sky high expectations and continue to exceed them. I LOVED it.

Very very minor gripes: the villain pushes the edge of ridiculous on occasion; and the stunts here don't quite reach Fallout level of jaw dropping.

• Like 2

37 minutes ago, SnokesLegs said:

Just got back from my showing and as expected, it’s excellent. Definitely up there with Fallout as the best in the series.

Also, don’t let the lack of expanded aspect ratio in IMAX put you off, it’s still absolutely worth seeing it as big and loud as possible.

Wait, was DR not shot in IMAX?!

Second viewing done. I think now I rate it a bit above FALLOUT. Audience loved it. Good graps and laughs. Loved that it feels a proper MI movie, probably the closest to the series of the McQ films. I can't argue if some people will point out the villain's backstory, but it is quite clear that we just got a small dose, lot of more to come in Part Two. Still feels like a complete film.

I conceded that second will be tough but WoM will carry this all way through August.  

This was a bloody good time in the cinema. Non-stop from start to finish, runtime flew by. McQuarrie goes back to his more kinetic camerawork and throws in some De Palma dutch angles for good measure. Sound design was top notch as always.

This entry has a playful cat and mouse energy to it as opposed to the more serious and straightforward Fallout, closer in tone to 4/5, very funny throughout. I loved the AI plot and Macguffin. Haley Atwell’s Grace gets a fantastic arc through the film. 

The action is stronger overall in Fallout (it still has better action than 99% of films getting released today so just a minor nitpick) but the final train set piece in Dead Reckoning is nothing short of breathtaking and worth the price admission alone. Proper edge-of-your-seat stuff. 

I do think the film stumbles at points. There’s one aspect that really falls flat and some of the exposition is repetitive but the film keeps things moving quick enough to distract you.

Also Pom Klementieff is incredible in this, she just lights up the screen, absolute chaos energy.

Action-heads are eating good between John Wick 4, Extraction 2 and this.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Darth Lehnsherr said:

Cruise will most likely do that space movie with Doug Liman after MI8 and then that R rated gnarly action movie with McQ after

hmmm well that makes even the most uncurious person curious y'know what I'm saying? 

Especially since his religion is tied deeply to space, now tom cruise by himself is just a 60 year old man with a firm body but just how much more can he extend himself further and how much more can he become for a space film considering that he might like going to space? 

I think that action wise mission impossible 7 has solid reception but 8 might be even better because of how nice and fine he has been about it in the promotions 

But everyone always wonders if there is a youth factor left in the film that makes its ceiling be a true ceiling instead of a fake one, that is my view point on all of these things 

R rated film is a unexpected twist in the life of tom cruise that might give him a youth factor but more thots about that afterwards I guess, all I know is that R rated film might not make him extend further but will definitely have the youth pumping him 

7 minutes ago, handofjustice said:

hmmm well that makes even the most uncurious person curious y'know what I'm saying? 

Especially since his religion is tied deeply to space, now tom cruise by himself is just a 60 year old man with a firm body but just how much more can he extend himself further and how much more can he become for a space film considering that he might like going to space? 

I think that action wise mission impossible 7 has solid reception but 8 might be even better because of how nice and fine he has been about it in the promotions 

But everyone always wonders if there is a youth factor left in the film that makes its ceiling be a true ceiling instead of a fake one, that is my view point on all of these things 

R rated film is a unexpected twist in the life of tom cruise that might give him a youth factor but more thots about that afterwards I guess, all I know is that R rated film might not make him extend further but will definitely have the youth pumping him 

Excuse Me What GIF by Bounce

• Like 2

1 hour ago, handofjustice said:

I think would be insane to draw attention to his involvment with the COS, since over the last decade the COS has, much too late in my opinion, fallein into well deserved disrepute.

10 hours ago, Mojoguy said:

TGM is not reality. Maverick would have been kicked out of the Air Force a long time ago, the older you get the worst you get at flying jets, and anyone Cruise's age would not have Jennifer Connelly as a love interest.

It's more fantasy than the wizards and orcs in LOTR.

Having been in the US Military, I agree.Anybody who cannot follow direct orders the way Maverick does in both movies would have his ass kicked out of any branch of the Military. (To quibble, Maverick in the Navy, not the Air Force. But both frown big time on people who cannot follow orders).

And, yeah, your career flying combat jets is over when you are 40. You just don't have the reflexes. 

Yeah, the flying scenes in both are great, but the lack or realism damaged the films for me.

• Like 1
  • ...wtf 2