Seto Kaiba

Mission: Impossible - Dead Reckoning Part 2 (Title pending) | May 23, 2025 | Christopher McQuarrie to direct

On 10/24/2023 at 10:55 AM, Mojoguy said:

TGM was a massive hit, so now two MI films are having the worst luck in the world with going overbudget and delays caused by covid and strikes. This is just the universe balancing things out.

Tom must be being tested by a cruel Scientology god.

More importantly then luck, the movie simply wasn't that good. Some amazing setpeices yes, but the plot was paper thin, the writing mediocre, and the film was just wayyyy too long. 4/5/6 were all tighter films. If this one kept that quality it would have easily made more money. I don't have much faith Part 2, I think it will struggle to match the total of Part 1 tbh

• Sad 1
  • ...wtf 1
  • Disbelief 1
  • Knock It Off 1

8 hours ago, SaltyPistola said:

More importantly then luck, the movie simply wasn't that good. Some amazing setpeices yes, but the plot was paper thin, the writing mediocre, and the film was just wayyyy too long. 4/5/6 were all tighter films. If this one kept that quality it would have easily made more money. I don't have much faith Part 2, I think it will struggle to match the total of Part 1 tbh

Since when 5 didn't have mediocre writing and paper thin plot?

3 hours ago, Firepower said:

Since when 5 didn't have mediocre writing and paper thin plot?

I didn't get around to seeing MIDR1 soI can't speak to quality of the plot. However, I really do think, for some reason, MI4: Ghost Protocol clearly acted as a soft reboot/relaunch of the franchise (including the start of selling the film by an insane stunt). The first time you return to that well will feel fresher than the fourth. I really do think that's being undersold.  

1 hour ago, John Marston said:

Will do better than Part 1 I’d say. The people who saw Part 1 seemed to like it, this one should have less exposition, and had a better release date 

No people did not like it! says the usual 5 people on this forum who have to keep insisting GA WOM was not good and that's why it underperformed not the release date.

• Thanks 1

12 minutes ago, Maggie said:

It did less than Idiana Jones and TDOF domestic and people can't deny that wasn't well received.

My prediction is this part 2 is gonna do a The Marvels and drop significantly. People are tired of Cruise action mode.

Come on Maggie seriously. Now you are just trolling.  

1 minute ago, emoviefan said:

Come on Maggie seriously. Now you are just trolling.  

I think it'll at least drop from MI:DR 1. It will not attract new audience because it's part two and not all of those who saw part 1 will be back. So, a drop is inevitable. How much, we'll see. My prediction may be seen as trolling now, but look what happened to The Marvels.

5 minutes ago, Maggie said:

I think it'll at least drop from MI:DR 1. It will not attract new audience because it's part two and not all of those who saw part 1 will be back. So, a drop is inevitable. How much, we'll see. My prediction may be seen as trolling now, but look what happened to The Marvels.

You may be right to a certain extent. That's where the scheduling and the Part 1 was a mistake. But it will not drop 80% or even close to the Marvels drop. But you and other people continuing to insist the WOM was bad or not good is trolling.Their is nothing to indicate that.  It's based on nothing except your/their own feelings.

10 minutes ago, emoviefan said:

But you and other people continuing to insist the WOM was bad or not good is trolling.Their is nothing to indicate that.  It's based on nothing except your/their own feelings.

Reading through the reddit MI community, i get the feeling people were disappointed. The rating on Imdb keeps going lower etc

5 minutes ago, Maggie said:

Reading through the reddit MI community, i get the feeling people were disappointed. The rating on Imdb keeps going lower etc

Reddit okay LOL and the IMBD rating right now is 7.8 down from 8.0 when it came out in the summer. Big drop! Fallout the best non Fury Road action movie of the 2010's is currently at 7.7. 

• Like 1

This feels like a franchise with a ceiling and a floor as well, this really should be relatively easy to predict once the first piece of marketing comes out.

This is an incredibly consistent franchise, not only regarding the BO numbers but also the quality; every movie since the 4th has the same type of strengths and weaknesses. The biggest problem of the latest one was the budget, I hope this one’s was kept in check without COVID.

Good thing they’re dropping the Part 2 in the title though.

10 minutes ago, Maggie said:

The crazies on Twitter took this report as Cruise support of Palestine which i think it's very further from the truth. Cruise was just supporting his agent who made a mistake.

First of all, the agent did not make a mistake. Second of all, I have not seen most people say that. All I've seen is people saying Tom Cruise has integrity and stopped shitty agencies like CAA from doing evil shit like this

• Like 6

2 minutes ago, lorddemaxus said:

First of all, the agent did not make a mistake. Second of all, I have not seen most people say that. All I've seen is people saying Tom Cruise has integrity and stopped shitty agencies like CAA from doing evil shit like this

People are definitelt taking this story as him supporting Palestine, which is not great for him. He's already on shaky ground in Hollywood