Seto Kaiba

Mission: Impossible - Dead Reckoning Part 2 (Title pending) | May 23, 2025 | Christopher McQuarrie to direct

MI7 was filmed in early 2020. Sheesh. So long ago.

Wikipedia excerpt for Dead Reckoning Part 2:

On March 24, 2022, Collider reported the beginning of principal photography of Mission: Impossible – Dead Reckoning Part Two.[27] Filming took place in the UK at Longcross Studios and the Lake District. Other locations included Malta, South Africa and Norway. In December 2022, it was reported filming was finished in the UK.[28] The crew, then, moved to Puglia to continue filming aboard the USS George H.W. Bush aircraft carrier.[29]

That's an insanely long production (like MI:7). I hope and pray Cruise survives whatever stunts they've dreamed up.

• Like 1

51 minutes ago, filmnerdjamie said:

Can't imagine how this doesn't move to 2025.

If I were Paramount, I'd plant my flag on July 25, 2025.

Christmas 2024 is doable since they have 40% of the film completed and they'd be able to finish it by November 2024 given the SAG AFTRA strike wouldn't likely run until mid next year. 

My understanding was they shot a lot of this at the same time as the first part.

9 hours ago, filmnerdjamie said:

Can't imagine how this doesn't move to 2025.

If I were Paramount, I'd plant my flag on July 25, 2025.

A lot can happen between now and mid 2025 in the US. A lot of it bad, I am afraid.

I am presuimg they shot the big action sequences the same time as the first part, and the pure 'acting/story" scenes are what are left.

Spoiler

And from part one, I think Paris the Assassin will be back  in part 2. She could have an interesting charecter arc.

And they had better have really, really, great final battle between Ethan and Gabrial.

Edited by dudalb

On 7/16/2023 at 9:30 AM, Jonwo said:

Christmas 2024 is doable since they have 40% of the film completed and they'd be able to finish it by November 2024 given the SAG AFTRA strike wouldn't likely run until mid next year. 

Is Gladiator going to even make its current release date at this point? Wonder if Dead Reckoning Part II taking Gladiator 2's spot might make sense.

On 4/6/2023 at 9:22 PM, lilmac said:

MI7 was filmed in early 2020. Sheesh. So long ago.

Wikipedia excerpt for Dead Reckoning Part 2:

On March 24, 2022, Collider reported the beginning of principal photography of Mission: Impossible – Dead Reckoning Part Two.[27] Filming took place in the UK at Longcross Studios and the Lake District. Other locations included Malta, South Africa and Norway. In December 2022, it was reported filming was finished in the UK.[28] The crew, then, moved to Puglia to continue filming aboard the USS George H.W. Bush aircraft carrier.[29]

That's an insanely long production (like MI:7). I hope and pray Cruise survives whatever stunts they've dreamed up.

A lot of footage for Part 2 was shot while they were filming part one. I am pretty sure they did almost all of the big action scenes for both films  during that shoot.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Ryan Reynolds said:

Paramount is waiting to move this until all the good dates are gone , idiots

if they were smart they would put give it a thanksgiving release to set up a strong holiday run, but it is paramount we're talking about

• Like 1