Seto Kaiba

Mission: Impossible - Dead Reckoning Part 2 (Title pending) | May 23, 2025 | Christopher McQuarrie to direct

9 minutes ago, Maggie said:

People are definitelt taking this story as him supporting Palestine, which is not great for him. He's already on shaky ground in Hollywood

Disregarding the fact that you're showing me a tweet that's clearly joking with 0 likes as proof, who cares?

Tom Cruise is not going suffer from this. What shaky grounds are you even talking about? The last Mission Impossible having a mediocre performance? If Tom Cruise gets blacklisted for this, there is going to be unimaginable blowback lol

• Like 4

1 hour ago, lorddemaxus said:

Disregarding the fact that you're showing me a tweet that's clearly joking with 0 likes as proof, who cares?

Tom Cruise is not going suffer from this. What shaky grounds are you even talking about? The last Mission Impossible having a mediocre performance? If Tom Cruise gets blacklisted for this, there is going to be unimaginable blowback lol

It's just Maggie being Maggie when it comes to Tom Cruise.

59 minutes ago, Arlborn said:

Hopefully they keep on making more M:I movies after how amazing the last one was. McQuarrie continues to deliver.

Agreed. Last one wasn’t as good as Fallout, but it was still great. Lot of trolls with a hate boner for this franchise for some reason. 

• Like 5

7 hours ago, Ryan Reynolds said:

looks like they will finish the film , even though the franchise is toast

Seriously just stop with that kind of crap.  There was no indication of any kind they were not going to move forward with this just because Dead Reckoning underperformed and because some people like you did not like it. Mistakes were made in the marketing and release of the movie it had nothing to do with WOM. 

8 hours ago, Ryan Reynolds said:

looks like they will finish the film , even though the franchise is toast

When do they finish filming? I wonder why not release it this year, in December?!

4 minutes ago, Maggie said:

When do they finish filming? I wonder why not release it this year, in December?!

Right now they have Memorial Day weekend next year locked up and they have IMAX for 3 weeks. As of right now there is no Barbenheimer to mess up anything. 

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, emoviefan said:

Right now they have Memorial Day weekend next year locked up and they have IMAX for 3 weeks. As of right now there is no Barbenheimer to mess up anything. 

Yeah, i understand that. But they'll have problems because people who missed part 1 won't suddenly watch Part 2. Plus there's those who didn't like Part 1 because of whom they've killed off. So, yeah, i'm not expecting great box office. The ceiling for this movie is 170M

They were always going to make Part 2.  Not finishing it kills future profit potential from home media and streaming.  Not to mention it is very reasonable Part 2 will both cost less and make more.

• Like 1

16 minutes ago, Maggie said:

Yeah, i understand that. But they'll have problems because people who missed part 1 won't suddenly watch Part 2. Plus there's those who didn't like Part 1 because of whom they've killed off. So, yeah, i'm not expecting great box office. The ceiling for this movie is 170M

You do know there is thing called PFV and streaming right. People that did not see it in a theater have a whole 2 years to catch up. Yeah does not mean they will go to a theater and they will just wait for home again. And is there really that much anger on the killing off of that person besides a few people online which is not the real world. I was disappointed yeah and think that it could have been handled better but not enough to hold it against the movie much at all.  And why does everybody assume that character will not be in the movie. Flashbacks or maybe they are not dead. 

• Like 1

Just now, emoviefan said:

And why does everybody assume that character will not be in the movie. Flashbacks or maybe they are not dead. 

She confirmed she'll not be in the movie. She signed only for three movies. She said so. SO no chance of coming back. Personally, i don't care that much about this issue. But this being part 2 limits its audience. It is what it is. How much do you predict box office domestic?

13 minutes ago, Maggie said:

She confirmed she'll not be in the movie. She signed only for three movies. She said so. SO no chance of coming back. Personally, i don't care that much about this issue. But this being part 2 limits its audience. It is what it is. How much do you predict box office domestic?

yeah because actors have never lied before to preserve twists or keep things secret. I do not see it performing any less than Part one and with the more favorable release date  and not calling it part 2 and if they do not do the lazy marketing of assuming audiences will show up that they did I do  not see any reason it can not do 200 DOM and 650+ WW. Fallout numbers are probably  unreachable but I can dream. 

On 11/21/2023 at 6:02 PM, Maggie said:

Not necessarely blacklisted upfront, but they could always do things that could ruin him. He has secrets

It would be hard to despise the COS more then I do...but Cruise has been smart enough to deistnace himself from it since the public preception of it quite rightly turned negative about a deade ago after a string of revelations, and I just don't see any future revelastins have much impact on his career.

I do think hoev er, that audiences are a bit burned out on the MI franchise, and this showed in the reduced box office for the last film. We will get the next film but not sure about what happens next. Cruise is getting too old to play the super ahelt6ic hero.

On 3/2/2024 at 9:47 AM, emoviefan said:

yeah because actors have never lied before to preserve twists or keep things secret. I do not see it performing any less than Part one and with the more favorable release date  and not calling it part 2 and if they do not do the lazy marketing of assuming audiences will show up that they did I do  not see any reason it can not do 200 DOM and 650+ WW. Fallout numbers are probably  unreachable but I can dream. 

Please. I am so sick and tired of "Comic Book Deaths" and I hope the disease has not spread beyond CBMs. 

Ferguson has stated she will not be in the next MI film, and she seems to have found a new Home with Lady Jessica in the Dune movies. Let her MI charecter rest in peace. It is clear the Hailey Atwell charecter was brought in to  be the big name Female MI operative.