Seto Kaiba

Mission: Impossible - Dead Reckoning Part 2 (Title pending) | May 23, 2025 | Christopher McQuarrie to direct

1 hour ago, Ryan Reynolds said:

Tom needs to stop making mi movies , he is probably beating his eyes wide shut record for days in production 

A Mission  Impossible story drops and the countdown can start for you to pop on here and make a comment like that. 

12 hours ago, emoviefan said:

A Mission  Impossible story drops and the countdown can start for you to pop on here and make a comment like that. 

I don't know his mind, but i believe he speaks from a place of caring. Cruise has been doing too many action movies in the last 20 years. Time to try something else. He's capable of so much more. That's all this is about when people complain about too many MIs.

• Like 1

58 minutes ago, Maggie said:

I don't know his mind, but i believe he speaks from a place of caring. Cruise has been doing too many action movies in the last 20 years. Time to try something else. He's capable of so much more. That's all this is about when people complain about too many MIs.

Maybe that's why he signed on for the movie with the Reverent/Birdman guy at WB. I mean he's just finishing up the two part's they set out to make. This is whole attitude of they should have just junked the second part because Part one underperformed  due mostly to marketing and scheduling, and a few  did lot like it as much as previous movies gets a little old is all I am saying. 

1 hour ago, emoviefan said:

Maybe that's why he signed on for the movie with the Reverent/Birdman guy at WB. I mean he's just finishing up the two part's they set out to make. This is whole attitude of they should have just junked the second part because Part one underperformed  due mostly to marketing and scheduling, and a few  did lot like it as much as previous movies gets a little old is all I am saying. 

Totally agree. It got old a long time ago. 

I’d agree it’s not as food as Fallout, but it’s on par with the recent MI movies going back to Ghost Protocol. 

There seems a to be a group of Cruise haters who saw “blood in the water” from the underperformance and who are taking advantage of that to feast on a negative narrative. 

• Like 2

Yeah the studio that announced today they are making another movie with Damien Chazelle after Babylon lost them a shit ton of money is dumping the next Mission movie  after the previous  still made 570 million dollars at the Global box office. Let's ignore the fact there is footage and photo's of Cruise filming it.  There is still another Cinema Con before this even comes out.

Edited by emoviefan

33 minutes ago, Firepower said:

Those movies have such a long production period, sir Ridley would've filmed at least 3 movies while Tom shoots a single MI flick.

They don't have a script when they go into production. They make them on the fly. Sometimes it works (Fallout), other times not so much (Dead Reckoning)