sfran43

Monday Numbers

Idk if anyone saw the video of Disney claiming than Vader fan film on YouTube and are now receiving profit from it. I mean, sure, maybe it's fine legally, but it just feels so slimy, and in light of everything else I've experienced from them (how they treat movie theatres/restrictions on their films) I hope Poppins continues to drop hard. 

• Like 1
  • Knock It Off 2

9 minutes ago, DAJK said:

Idk if anyone saw the video of Disney claiming than Vader fan film on YouTube and are now receiving profit from it. I mean, sure, maybe it's fine legally, but it just feels so slimy, and in light of everything else I've experienced from them (how they treat movie theatres/restrictions on their films) I hope Poppins continues to drop hard. 

• Like 3
  • Haha 5
  • Astonished 1

The Mule run is quite impressive, specially considering how just mediocre all around the movie is (not that it is easy to achieve mediocrity with a feature film)

Clint Eastwood still has it, really crazy WB-Eastwood collaboration going for 40+ year's

In 1994, 1997, 2006, 2009, he was American favorite movie star:

https://theharrispoll.com/wp-content/uploads/2017/12/Harris-Interactive-Poll-Research-Favorite-Actor-2010-01.pdf

In 2015/2016 he was still in the top 10 and in 2018:

GQo_Wg3MQ6--2GufsboD79GNxjdz4dXgNeKbB0tQ

He was number 2.

Clint Eastwood was named a top 10 movie star box office draw by theater owner in 1968 and was named the biggest in 1972, 50 year's later he was still in the top 3 of American favorite movie star and turning a regular/middle ground movie (budget, quality, promo wise) into a 100m giant success, that is crazy longetivity.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, CoolEric258 said:

welp, my bad

clearly I fell victim to "believe what you hear on the internet" will do better next time

still... fuck Disney though :lol:

Edited by DAJK
  • Knock It Off 1

1 hour ago, Barnack said:

The Mule run is quite impressive, specially considering how just mediocre all around the movie is (not that it is hard to achieve mediocrity with a feature film)

Fixed that for you. (That is what you meant, right?)

1 minute ago, Fielding said:

Fixed that for you. (That is what you meant, right?)

No it is extremely hard thing to do, a lot of people that had quite success on other medium that failed to do mediocrity in movies (on the studio release level)

15 minutes ago, Barnack said:

No it is extremely hard thing to do, a lot of people that had quite success on other medium that failed to do mediocrity in movies (on the studio release level)

Oh, I see. So you're saying that most films don't even rise to the level of mediocrity? Because if so, I wholeheartedly agree.

16 minutes ago, Fielding said:

Oh, I see. So you're saying that most films don't even rise to the level of mediocrity? Because if so, I wholeheartedly agree.

Not most, mediocrity == average, by definition many film reach it, but most studio film are made by the best and the best from all around the worlds with large resource and got really good at it.

It is like being a mediocre starting pitcher in the MLB, that is extremely hard to achieve.

Edited by Barnack