movies!movies!

Crawl | July 12, 2019 | Paramount

Just now, Valonqar said:

fuck. attaching the trailer with the third worst wide opener of the year is not gonna help its exposure. What were they thinking? 

I mean, it seems natural they would attach a trailer for a horror movie before a horror movie? Most of the previews were for horror movies (IT Chapter Two, Scary Stories..., etc.).

• Thanks 1

Just now, filmlover said:

I mean, it seems natural they would attach a trailer for a horror movie before a horror movie? Most of the previews were for horror movies (IT Chapter Two, Scary Stories..., etc.).

Annabelle would be a better fit cause larger audience. IT Chapter 2 doesn't care cause build in fandom, coming off a global superhit. But this needed better exposure than a niche movie with poor PTA. 

2 minutes ago, Valonqar said:

Annabelle would be a better fit cause larger audience. IT Chapter 2 doesn't care cause build in fandom, coming off a global superhit. But this needed better exposure than a niche movie with poor PTA. 

I didn't see Annabelle but I'm sure they included it before that too. Trailers can be attached to more than one movie, ya know. Got it before Ma a few weeks ago too.

9 minutes ago, Valonqar said:

fuck. attaching the trailer with the third worst wide opener of the year is not gonna help its exposure. What were they thinking? 

They’re thinking audiences interested in Midsommar will likely also be interested in Crawl. 

Makes sense to go for any horror audience available before release. 

5 minutes ago, filmlover said:

I didn't see Annabelle but I'm sure they included it before that too. Trailers can be attached to more than one movie, ya know. Got it before Ma a few weeks ago too.

Ah, OK. I guess it was attached with Annabelle too, then. 

23 minutes ago, Valonqar said:

Ah, OK. I guess it was attached with Annabelle too, then. 

Yeh it’s up to the cinemas too what trailers they put before films. 

The studio send the trailer out to them, but usually just with one or two instructions for what it should be shown before.  

1 hour ago, Valonqar said:

Fifth (saturated 2500+) for the 3 day, but it was a 5 day opening. 

Edited by Krissykins

Exactly. Why did they wait this long? I already read some comments of people who guessed that it's probably not too good because of the lack of reviews including Wednesday...
I saw that most (all?) reviews at RT are from Australia and New Zealand, so otherwise it would still have nothing. The rating is between 2.5-4/5.

I hope that it stays let's say in the 70ies/80ies and that WOM will still help, at least its legs.

Edited by el sid
  • Like 1

I may catch this since nothing else is coming out this weekend.  While it does look like a very high budget SyFy channel movie, it may be fun to watch

Edited by 75Live
typo

1 hour ago, el sid said:

Exactly. Why did they wait this long? I already read some comments of people who guessed that it's probably not too good because of the lack of reviews including Wednesday...
I saw that most (all?) reviews at RT are from Australia and New Zealand, so otherwise it would still have nothing. The rating is between 2.5-4/5.

I hope that it stays let's say in the 70ies/80ies and that WOM will still help, at least its legs.

They didn't screen it for U.S. critics. Tonight's showings will be the first time anyone here sees it.

• Haha 1

On 7/9/2019 at 11:05 AM, Valonqar said:

Not to worry! The trailer was also commonly placed in front John Wick: Chapter 3 - Parabellum.

6 minutes ago, Slambros said:

Not to worry! The trailer was also commonly placed in front John Wick: Chapter 3 - Parabellum.

I feel like I saw it fairly often during the NBA Playoffs and NBA Finals too.

I'm going to give this a go, possibly during opening weekend. It caught my interest from the first time I saw the trailer, and the positive feedback so far is making me want to support.

Edited by I Am
  • Like 2