movies!movies!

Crawl | July 12, 2019 | Paramount

This movie was hilarious.  Love these goofy, non scary animal/monster flicks.

All the same beats and tropes as usual but. I never get enough of these turn your brain off and just have fun movies. We don't get enough of  them

• Like 2

Hollywood magic 😂...

...you get caught in an alligator "death roll", it's all over, buddy 🙂. Her arm, and anything attached to it would have been ripped off into shredded pieces. Then she woulda been nothing but chunks, after it finished her off.

The people that almost rescued them, including trained police officers...they're gonna be DUMB enough not to know that there MIGHT be gators in the water 😂?! Let me walk around in this waist high water, like I'm in a backyard pool 😂.

Fun movie though, B+

This is going to be very close to my favorite film of the year. Absolutely loved every second of this. Just the right amount of alligator bait and incredibly tense and a lot of scenes that literally make you jump.

• Like 4

Soo... gators are much scarier to Americans than sharks* - because, well, you don't normally have sharks in your backyard!

*except Hawaiians, of course

PS: I hate most horror flicks, but was gonna watch this, because - well, Raimi - but the f*cks cancelled its release in Shay-country (Bulgaria).

• Sad 1

On 7/12/2019 at 4:58 PM, KeepItU25071906 said:

For my taste RT rating is too overhyped. Yes, it has some decent moments but also has enough problems.

Not the best Aja work, obviously.

I agree. The third act really saves it and is a lot of fun, but up until then it was just sort of *ahem* crawling along with not much going on. 

Edited by MovieMan89

19 hours ago, baumer said:

This is going to be very close to my favorite film of the year. Absolutely loved every second of this. Just the right amount of alligator bait and incredibly tense and a lot of scenes that literally make you jump.

Nice. Roll on 26th August! 

$16.8m start Worldwide, lots of markets still to come. With a $13.5m budget it should be fine in the end. 

I'm overjoyed that Crawl opened in Midsommar range without extreme shilling that Midsommar received. Sucks that it's come out a week before TLK and 2 weeks before OUATIH or otherwise it would've easily outgrossed Aster's overhyped sophomore slump that even Asteroids don't care to save.

16 minutes ago, Valonqar said:

I'm overjoyed that Crawl opened in Midsommar range without extreme shilling that Midsommar received. Sucks that it's come out a week before TLK and 2 weeks before OUATIH or otherwise it would've easily outgrossed Aster's overhyped sophomore slump that even Asteroids don't care to save.

It’s tiresome to see you constantly post about a film.. that you allegedly have no interest in and haven’t even seen 😂

5 minutes ago, Krissykins said:

It’s tiresome to see you constantly post about a film.. that you allegedly have no interest in and haven’t even seen 😂

I'm happy it under-performed relative to ridiculous shilling that was really off-putting and fake. Some idiots even called it "crowd-pleaser" :hahaha:and since its shills are pissed that OW reports emphasized it had the third worst OW of the year for wide release, I'm happy to announce that its second weekend PTA was worse than MIB's! :rofl:

But fair enough, I'm not gonna gloat in public place anymore out of respect for friends in this forum who inexplicably like it. It has a good message though, "Don't do 'shrooms". 

Edited by Valonqar

Just now, Valonqar said:

I'm happy it under-performed relative to ridiculous shilling that was really off-putting and fake. Some idiots even called it "crowd-pleaser" :hahaha:and since its fans are pissed that OW reports emphasized it had the third worst OW of the year for wide release, I'm happy to repeat that again. It's second weekend PTA was worse than MIB's! :rofl:

But fair enough, I'm not gonna gloat in public place anymore out of respect for friends in this forum who inexplicably like it. It has a good message though, "Don't do 'shrooms". 

Again, you haven’t seen it so I can’t take any opinion you claim to have seriously. Whoops. 

Again, it didn’t have the third worst opening of the year. Again it was also a 5 day opening. 

But yeh don’t hear what you don’t want to hear. Go watch something surprise-free instead. 

34 minutes ago, Krissykins said:

Again, you haven’t seen it so I can’t take any opinion you claim to have seriously. Whoops. 

Again, it didn’t have the third worst opening of the year. Again it was also a 5 day opening. 

But yeh don’t hear what you don’t want to hear. Go watch something surprise-free instead. 

Same to you buddy cause you are the one inventing positive spin for this considerable critical, boxoffice and die-hard reception drop from Hereditary. Numbers are not biased so that's that. MC, boxoffice, audience RT. All down from Hereditary and in first 2 instances significantly so. 

Edited by Valonqar