Jump to content
YourMother the Edgelord

Tom And Jerry | Warner Animation Group | March 5, 2021

Recommended Posts

I'm guessing this or Space Jam 2 will be WAG's first hybrid film (The Lego Movie doesn't count)

 

I'm going to say February 2021 release date wise

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, Jonwo said:

I'm guessing this or Space Jam 2 will be WAG's first hybrid film (The Lego Movie doesn't count)

 

I'm going to say February 2021 release date wise

Space Jam 2 films in June so I can see it in November 2020.

 

2021 will likely be Super Pets, Tom and Jerry and The Cat in The Hat

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, filmlover said:

lol they aren't actually thinking JLaw will agree to this, do they?

what else does she have going on right now?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, YourMother the Edgelord said:

Space Jam 2 films in June so I can see it in November 2020.

 

2021 will likely be Super Pets, Tom and Jerry and The Cat in The Hat

Tom and Jerry would likely act as counter programming to BP2 if that is released in February 2021 similar to Peter Rabbit. 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

They should go for this. I was usually disappointed as a small kid when Tom & Jerry was the show they were choosing to rerun, but I nonetheless appreciate it for what it was as a young adult. If it looks any good, I might see it. Can't wait to see the designs of the characters.

Edited by Slambros

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

What's the betting Jerry isn't the bad guy, more of a misunderstanding.

 

With Sherlock Holmes 3 moving to 2021, I wouldn't be surprised if is released in December 2020.

Edited by Jonwo

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I'm be surprised if they opt for 2D animation for Tom and Jerry, I would have thought CGI would have been more likely, keep the designs but flesh them out

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
12 minutes ago, Jonwo said:

I'm be surprised if they opt for 2D animation for Tom and Jerry, I would have thought CGI would have been more likely, keep the designs but flesh them out

Hollywood doesn't do traditional 2D animation anymore.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, TestPattern said:

Hollywood doesn't do traditional 2D animation anymore.

I fully expect Space Jam 2 to have 2D animation, Tom and Jerry being 2D would be odd since it's meant to be set in the real world. 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I'm surprised WB is releasing two WAG films a month from each other. 

 

Makes me wonder what's replacing Sherlock Holmes 3 in December 2020. 

Edited by Jonwo

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I am not sure about having Tom and Jerry speak;they were silent in almost all the classic cartoons, a la the Roadrunner and the Coyote.

I would not mind Warners doing some more Roadrunner/Coyote shorts though. Huge,huge fan of the Chuck Jones classics.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
39 minutes ago, dudalb said:

I am not sure about having Tom and Jerry speak;they were silent in almost all the classic cartoons, a la the Roadrunner and the Coyote.

I would not mind Warners doing some more Roadrunner/Coyote shorts though. Huge,huge fan of the Chuck Jones classics.

 

https://variety.com/2019/film/festivals/warner-bros-looney-tunes-cartoons-bow-2019-annecy-festival-1203160337/

 

Sorta kinda.

 

If Shaun the Sheep could have next to no dialogue, I think this could too.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.


  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

×
×
  • Create New...

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use and Guidelines. Feel free to read our Privacy Policy as well.