3 minutes ago, a2k said:

92.4 OS weekend = 62.3 China + 3.2 Japan + 26.9 OS-Jp-Ch

65 more in China (127+ total)

12 more Japan (15 total)

55 more OS-Jp-Ch

= 132 more OS

25 more Dom after 12 weekend (86 total)

Gives 263 current WW + 132 + 25 = 420 WW

450 ww needs much stronger legs from multiple markets including getting close to 140 in China. Will have to hold well against Captain Marvel.

Edited by a2k

Just now, Mr Impossible said:

$65.5M (China+Japan) 

So $26.9 million. (52.2% drop from holdovers, not bad I was expecting more considering it plummeting in Latin America) 

I thought Alita did $65M over the weekend just in China, maybe that will be adjusted up a bit?

seems like at least some OS market have better legs.

Man, fuck Latin America on this, they also failed Ready Player One, what's up with that? So relieved that the drop is actually solid internationally. Gitesh Pandya is still saying on Twitter that the film is aiming for the 500 M mark but that seems impossible? Anyway, 400 M + would be so good, yeah, might not break even, but I figure home video sales could take it there. 

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

7 minutes ago, TimmyRiggins said:

Man, fuck Latin America on this, they also failed Ready Player One, what's up with that? So relieved that the drop is actually solid internationally. Gitesh Pandya is still saying on Twitter that the film is aiming for the 500 M mark but that seems impossible? Anyway, 400 M + would be so good, yeah, might not break even, but I figure home video sales could take it there. 

As others have said, SCI - FI doesn't do well in Latam (Even Avatar,  tough it still did very well, it wasn't the earth shattering phenomenon of others regions) 

Other factor that I can think is that the movie has a very agressive 3d push and high prices likely pushed people away

People only have so much money to expend.