sfran43

Weekend Thread: Friday Estimate | LEGO MOVIE 2 $8.5M | WHAT MEN WANT $6.6M | COLD PURSUIT $ 3.64M | THE PRODIGY $2.02M

1 hour ago, Curtis1986 said:

Nice to see Cold Pursuit not doing good.

Why are you rooting against the film? I can understand someone rooting against Michael Bays Tranformers films but Liam Neeson thrillers...?

This is like what the 30th Liam Neeson kicks ass film? They are almost all a dime a dozen nowadays.

Anyway, i don't know why Liam Neeson thought sharing that story was a good idea. No one asked him about it. He'll have to end up explaining himself over and over.

Edited by ScoobyDoo21

4 minutes ago, ScoobyDoo21 said:

This is like what the 30th Liam Neeson kicks ass film? They are almost all a dime a dozen nowadays.

Years from now I feel like there will be a game show question or something asking which post-Taken Liam Neeson action movie is which and most people will fail to answer with the correct movie title.

• Haha 2

HTTYD3 better not underperform to an depressing degree like Lego Movie 2 might ot might not do. Otherwise it could be an alarming signal for how much the Dreamworks-original film ”Abominable” will do.

I mean....if Dragon 3 does lower than The Boss Baby in it’s WW-gross...it could be very embarrassing.

26 minutes ago, ScoobyDoo21 said:

Anyway, i don't know why Liam Neeson thought sharing that story was a good idea. No one asked him about it. He'll have to end up explaining himself over and over.

Yea he should have kept that story to himself. Its like he wanted the movie to fail.

I personally think we’re going to be in for A LOT more sequels and big IPs ‘disappointing’ and LEGO 2 is just the start.

I also think many of the ‘New IPs’ like

Detective Pikachu

Us

Scary Stories to Tell in the Dark

Shazam!

Captain Marvel

Joker

(Except not Alita)

all overperform (I quoted new IPs because technically only Us is really new)

• Like 3

14 minutes ago, The Futurist said:

Harvey Weinstein at the height of his powers would have made Green Book a 130m+ grosser.

You know what, usually Futurist's take are quite weird but I have to agree with this. Maybe not 130M+ grossed but at least over 100M. Even in his death he still pushed Imitation Game to 90M+.

48 minutes ago, MrFanaticGuy34 said:

HTTYD3 better not underperform to an depressing degree like Lego Movie 2 might ot might not do. Otherwise it could be an alarming signal for how much the Dreamworks-original film ”Abominable” will do.

I mean....if Dragon 3 does lower than The Boss Baby in it’s WW-gross...it could be very embarrassing.

You say that, but for whatever reason Dreamworks’ originals seem to do better than their sequels lately (Home, The Boss Baby, Trolls, The Croods)

Edited by The Panda

6 minutes ago, The Panda said:

I personally think we’re going to be in for A LOT more sequels and big IPs ‘disappointing’ and LEGO 2 is just the start.

I also think many of the ‘New IPs’ like

Detective Pikachu

Us

Scary Stories to Tell in the Dark

Shazam!

Captain Marvel

Joker

(Except not Alita)

all overperform (I quoted new IPs because technically only Us is really new)

Joker is gonna do 6x it’s $50m budget domestically alone

The best way of keeping Lego going would be to make spinoffs like Harry Potter.

WB has easy access to Harry Potter (which Lego has been a huge success) and Lord of the Rings.

But I agree I imagine Lego will take a back seat.