Litio

4-day Weekend Official| Alita $33.50M, Lego $27.75m, Isn't Romantic $16.64M, WMW $12.21m, HDD2U $11m

Just now, lorddemaxus said:

But we have had people repeat how the movie is going to make a billion or how the movie is going to beat those "dumb marvel films" in the Alita thread. 

Funny you say that. I find those people to be obnoxious too. But going the opposite extreme isn't any better chief.

• Like 1

17 minutes ago, CoolEric258 said:

Deadline did some slight downgrading to the numbers.

#CRUMBLING

So, rethought Lego's Monday by a good margin...and decreased Alita's Friday by $100K and 4 day by $700K...wonder if Deadline used one of the 2013 movies as a base, and matinees didn't quite live up to their "match"...

2 minutes ago, That One Guy said:

me: "oh boy Alita was so good!  hopefully this means Hollywood will finally get on the right track with live action anime/manga adaptations!"

Hollywood: "Here's a remake of Your Name from the guy who made The Amazing Spider-Man."

But he also did (500) Days of Summer, which seems like a much closer analogue than the ASM flicks. Not having seen Your Name (I know, I'll get around to it eventually), Webb's involvement doesn't necessarily sound like a bad choice if he has a solid script to work with.

5 hours ago, TwoMisfits said:

Most interesting thing about this day vs 2013 set up...Top 10 in 2013 grossed $32M+ on the Thursday...I'm not sure we're gonna get close with the numbers we've seen so far...and those 2013 movies were no more "great" than these ones...

So, wanted to update, now that we have a Top 10 gross from yesterday...

Compared to 2013's $32M+ for Thurs Feb 14, yesterday's 2018 Feb 14 gross was $26,259,254...that's a sign of our current market if I ever saw one...

Edited by TwoMisfits

2 minutes ago, That One Guy said:

Perhaps you wanna read this:

Yes, there needs to be more fun. But maybe it would have been more fun and maybe I would have shut up if I wasn't incited and told to go to hell or called a creepy perv (no clue why I was even called this) and a whole other bunch of crap for saying something negative about the movie. 

• Knock It Off 1

12 minutes ago, ScoobyDoo21 said:

Hope Alita bombing might mean Hollywood stops making live action adaptations of Anime.  Anime looks alot better animated rather than live action.

God knows that Attack on Titan is going to look horrid.

snk1.gif

• ...wtf 1

1 minute ago, lorddemaxus said:

Yes, there needs to be more fun. But maybe it would have been more fun and maybe I would have shut up if I wasn't incited and told to go to hell or called a creepy perv (no clue why I was even called this) and a whole other bunch of crap for saying something negative about the movie. 

PLEASE read the actual post and not just the thread title.  Thanks.

3 minutes ago, lorddemaxus said:

Fighting fire with fire only creates a worse fire.

1 minute ago, Rorschach said:

We’ll just have to see if Muschietti fucks it up or not. I have faith in him. Hopefully it’s good. If Alita has proved anything is that not all live-action manga adaptations can be competely incompetent.

Im just so afraid. AoT is not only my favourite anime, but also my favourite show period. And the thematic elements of the story demand a hard R Rating and nothing else. Its just ... i want to have faith in Muschietti and WB, but its really hard for me.

Just now, That One Guy said:

PLEASE read the actual post and not just the thread title.  Thanks.

I did. My point still stands. 

But either way, I wasn't shitting on the movie or ever said it was going to suck (I mean unless I was incited to). I haven't even seen the movie yet. Saying a movie will flop is different from giving my opinion on it. I said from the moment Blade Runner 2049 was announced that it will flop. I still thought it was a brilliant film when I watched it. I might end up liking Alita, I might end up not but I don't just dump on a movie.

Really the worst thing I said is that the Motorball scene looked like it come from Spy Kids 3. And that isn't even too bad considering that Spy Kids 3 is an extremely nostalgiac movie (along with the first two) for me.

• Knock It Off 1