Litio

4-day Weekend Official| Alita $33.50M, Lego $27.75m, Isn't Romantic $16.64M, WMW $12.21m, HDD2U $11m

4 minutes ago, TwoMisfits said:

That's kinda unfair...

Lego 2 will be 55+% of its BO DOM...

Alita will be lucky to do 25% of its BO DOM...

It's quite the difference in return...

100-110m dom, 50-55m returns will give ALITA >30% of it's prod budget Dom.

It also will go well over 2x it's prod budget globally. 2.75x * 170 seems likely once China and Japan are done.

But your point is well taken.

Edited by a2k
  • Like 1

13 minutes ago, TombRaider said:

they spent 200m on advertising alita WW. fanboys are delulu thinking it will have a sequel

Look darling, we all get it, you don’t like the movie, you think the performance was bad and a sequel will never happen.

You don’t have to say it 300 times.

• Like 5
  • Thanks 1

It is fascinating to think of films like Pacific Rim, or ST and ST: ID getting sequels when they supposedly didn't even break even. This gives me a lot of hope for this even though I feel Alita will at least pass 400 million WW. And if Jim asks for a sequel, I think he'll get it. Jim and Landau partnering up with Disney on Avatar Land prior to them acquiring Fox was a great omen. 

Edited by TimmyRiggins

1 hour ago, TimmyRiggins said:

It is fascinating to think of films like Pacific Rim, or ST and ST: ID getting sequels when they supposedly didn't even break even.

Both Star Treks surely broke even and maybe even profited. Their respective domestic grosses were pretty big and should have covered a big portion of their budget. 

If studios say otherwise, it is bullshit Hollywood accounting.

Edited by lorddemaxus