Litio

4-day Weekend Official| Alita $33.50M, Lego $27.75m, Isn't Romantic $16.64M, WMW $12.21m, HDD2U $11m

2 minutes ago, Pure Spirit said:

"Best visual effects"

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 6

4 hours ago, stripe said:

Great Monday for Alita!

With 43M 5day it's already gaining ground against Jumper. That movie did 38M over the same 5 days and finished with 80M DOM

At this moment, 90M is the floor, IMHO. But I am really confident it will reach 100M.

With a reported $170m budget are we pretending $100m, heck even $115m is a win?

Yes, I know...China and WW figures but how many times does a sequel get made because of that?

Pacific Rim 2 and that sucked

allegedly a 4th xXx film but I've heard nothing on that in a year.

I'm waiting on that second weekend but feel the Victory lap is premature at this point. 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Captain Craig said:

With a reported $170m budget are we pretending $100m, heck even $115m is a win?

Yes, I know...China and WW figures but how many times does a sequel get made because of that?

Pacific Rim 2 and that sucked

allegedly a 4th xXx film but I've heard nothing on that in a year.

I'm waiting on that second weekend but feel the Victory lap is premature at this point. 

The fact of the matter is the budget could be $5b and it could be seen as a success because it's budget has been amortised with the Avatar franchise.

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, IronJimbo said:

The fact of the matter is the budget could be $5b and it could be seen as a success because it's budget has been amortised with the Avatar franchise.

Just like how Solo, Wrinkle in Time and Alice 2 were nice success story.

Edited by Barnack
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, IronJimbo said:

You're getting really good at subtly moving goal posts, I'll give you that.

3 hours ago, Brainbug said:

"Best visual effects"

I don't care for any of this BP award backlash shit but yeah the VFX in black panther are really naff at points. that whole train sequence, also loads and loads of scenes where green screen is incredible obvious and distracting.

Just now, JB33 said:

subtly??? :hahaha:

Edited by Avatree

14 minutes ago, JB33 said:

Weren't you telling me how I should have been listening to "us box office nerds" because it was 30% on RT with like 15 votes? Told you it was a certainity that the movie was good, should have listened to "ironjimbo box office pro" (not this box office pro though (yikes))

• Like 5
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

20 minutes ago, IronJimbo said:

Weren't you telling me how I should have been listening to "us box office nerds" because it was 30% on RT with like 15 votes? Told you it was a certainity that the movie was good, should have listened to "ironjimbo box office pro" (not this box office pro though (yikes))

Yet, will it make 0.25A?

• Haha 1

26 minutes ago, IronJimbo said:

I'll give it to you jimbo, it did indeed blitz the domestic prediction in its opening. Nicely done.

It's nice that the year's first proper overperformer is Alita. My 280M prediction in your club is toast. it really may not lose all that much money.