sfran43

Weekend Thread | An Asgardian pops in on p.9 ~ HTTYD3 17m, A:BA 3.1m, IIR 2.2m

For a movie I can watch and love no matter the rewatches - Clue.  I've seen it 300 times and can watch it 3000 more...

For a soundtrack (not asked, but I can listen to this like a movie and just dive in) - the original London cast of Les Miserables (in the white case)...absolutely the best version ever made...I've listed to this 100s of times, and will listen to the whole thing anytime I start it...

Edited by TwoMisfits

A 53% drop is better than a 59% drop but lets not pretend that the film suddenly sprung Avatar like legs. The only opened with 28.5mil. A 53% drop is okay but nothing to brag about after such a low opening. Listen I want the film to succeed as well but I will never pretend that the domestic numbers are better than what they are. 150mil would be a decent gross for Alita domestically and it most assuredly is not getting to that number. By the way I predicted 13.3mil in the first place so this drop is good for my Derby. 

I did that, lets pretend that a film with a mediocre numbers is a big hit thing with Man of Steel 5 years ago. I won't do that again. I'm staying firmly in reality no matter how much I like a film. 

Edited by Zakiyyah6
  • Like 5

Just now, John Marston said:

oh so barely crossing 100m (which still isn't locked) is such a good result for a movie with this type of budget

What is foreign/domestic ratio? Here's a comp from the same screenwriter, you may recognize the movie :Gaga:, and this ratio is looking to be even lower, so $100M is quite good, yes:

bj9hDV8.png

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Pure Spirit said:

What is foreign/domestic ratio? Here's a comp from the same screenwriter, you may recognize the movie :Gaga:, and this ratio is looking to be even lower, so $100M is quite good, yes:

bj9hDV8.png

why u compare ALita w/ whatever movie u try to compare tho?...doesn't even make any sense at all.........:wintf:..

i mean 100M dom w/ 700M dom ???...wtf :kitschjob:

Edited by boyamama
  • Thanks 1

4 hours ago, sfran43 said:

Random thought, but do you guys have a movie(s), that no matter how many times you watch it, you enjoy it like it's the 1st time? And it doesn't even have to be a good/great movie, but somehow, you'll watch it every time it comes on?! For me, it's Unstoppable and the 1st John Wick!

Ocean's Eleven, forever and always.

• Like 1

Just now, Zakiyyah6 said:

A 53% drop is better than a 59% drop but lets not pretend that the film suddenly sprung Avatar like legs. The only opened with 28.5mil. A 53% drop is okay but nothing to brag about after such a low opening. Listen I want the film to succeed as well but I will never pretend that the domestic numbers are better than what they are.

Nobody was ever expecting Avatar-like numbers. This puts the comp in between Jumper ($80M) and Glass ($107M). The drops could be less severe from here on. Never forget where Alita came from, she's been fed nothing but Valerian-esque hopelessness for a year by everyone else (including after the review embargo dropped).

:nYDbRi7.jpg

Now Alita like

Spb4UfM.png

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

How is Alita going to have better legs from here on out when Captain Marvel is going to destroy the film in less than two weeks? Also, making more than expected does not automatically mean "hit movie."

Edited by Zakiyyah6