sfran43

Weekend Thread | An Asgardian pops in on p.9 ~ HTTYD3 17m, A:BA 3.1m, IIR 2.2m

1 hour ago, DAJK said:

I've heard some complaints about the villain in Dragon 3, and I'd just like to share a quick thought. It isn't really a spoiler (plot-wise at all) but I do mention a line that the villain says in the movie, as well as touch on some of the themes of the franchise, so I'll spoiler tag it. If you want to read but haven't seen the movie, I do not think it ruins anything, but the tag is there so you can make that choice yourself :) 

Reveal hidden contents

I agree with this 100%! 

• Thanks 1

For those of you who have seen it how does The Hidden World rank against the first two Dragon movies (I am one of the few that like Dragon 2 better than 1 and think both are Grade A films)

Random thought, but do you guys have a movie(s), that no matter how many times you watch it, you enjoy it like it's the 1st time? And it doesn't even have to be a good/great movie, but somehow, you'll watch it every time it comes on?! For me, it's Unstoppable and the 1st John Wick!

• Like 2

1 minute ago, sfran43 said:

Random thought, but do you guys have a movie(s), that no matter how many times you watch it, you enjoy it like it's the 1st time? And it doesn't even have to be a good/great movie, but somehow, you'll watch it every time it comes on?! For me, it's Unstoppable and the 1st John Wick!

This Is The End and The Lego Movie

• Like 1

Just now, YourMother the Edgelord said:

For those of you who have seen it how does The Hidden World rank against the first two Dragon movies (I am one of the few that like Dragon 2 better than 1 and think both are Grade A films)

My ranking is...

Part 2 wasn't bad, it but compared to part 1, the plot was weaker!

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, sfran43 said:

For me it's Alita. I'd say Jurassic World but I watched that so many times in the theater that it's burned me out...it's hard to make it through it now. 

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, sfran43 said:

Chungking Express

Ferris Bueller's Day Off

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, sfran43 said:

The first HTTYD falls in that category for me. The scene where Hiccup befriends Toothless is pure magic :)

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, sfran43 said:

That Thing You Do!

On several occasions, I have come across it while channel surfing, and every time I find it I watch it all the way through. And I am notorious for not being able to finish a movie in one sitting if I’m not in a theater.

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, Bishop54 said:

For me it's Alita. I'd say Jurassic World but I watched that so many times in the theater that it's burned me out...it's hard to make it through it now. 

I will be seeing Alita this Thursday! JW felt too much like a rip off of the 1st Jurrasic Park to me!

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, sfran43 said:

Beauty and the Beast (1991). 

• Like 2

12 minutes ago, sfran43 said:

Cold Fish, The Host (Korean), Batman Returns, Dead Again, Fearless Vampire Killers are a handful. I probably have at least a hundred that would qualify though. Cold Fish being the newest addition.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, chuck0 said:

The first HTTYD falls in that category for me. The scene where Hiccup befriends Toothless is pure magic :)

I agree! The process of Hiccup wanting to kill a dragon to prove himself to his father, only to realize that no matter how hard he tried, he just wasn't a dragon slayer. And then befriend and protect Toothless from his own father, showed such a strong bond between them. Add to that, his father's acceptance of that bond made the story even more heartwarming!

• Like 1

24 minutes ago, YourMother the Edgelord said:

If I say movie 1 is 100%, then I'd say 2 is 100.1% and 3 is like 99%. I really love this trilogy and all the movies, but frankly I'm a sucker for an origin story. 

23 minutes ago, sfran43 said:

I've actually thought about this a lot in the past and came up with 5 movies (I can only remember 4):

• The Jungle Book (1967)
  • The Magic Roundabout (childhood movie of my dreams) (I think americans call it Doogal?)
  • Avatar (the music more than anything)
  • Bridge to Terabithia

Please don't judge me too hard on my choices! I know some of these films are not well regarded, but they hold a special place for me (usually nostalgically).

Edited by feasby007
I used 2 movies as filler but finally remembered one of them
  • Like 1

17 minutes ago, YourMother the Edgelord said:

They're all very good, but I would place 2 at closer to a B grade than an A grade. It's got some great stuff, and maybe I need another re-watch. But I remember watching Part 1 again almost immediately after seeing 2 and realizing that I found 1 to be superior. So while I enjoyed 2 very much, I have to place it at a tier below 1 (which is an A)… so a B. 

3 I think is almost as good as 1. The last half hour is magnificent. I wish the first 2 acts (and maybe even the climax) felt "bigger" but honestly it was great all the way through. 

17 minutes ago, sfran43 said:

Spider-Man (2002) for sure

honestly I don't want to list another Spider-Man movie but Spiderverse is getting close

Movies like Titanic and Bridge to Terabithia... but I don't get as emotional as I did the first time. Still great though

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, feasby007 said:

If I say movie 1 is 100%, then I'd say 2 is 100.1% and 3 is like 99%. I really love this trilogy and all the movies, but frankly I'm a sucker for an origin story. 

I've actually thought about this a lot in the past and came up with 5 movies:

• The Jungle Book (1967)
  • The Magic Roundabout (childhood movie of my dreams) (I think americans call it Doogal?)
  • Avatar (the music more than anything)
  • Pirates of the Caribbean: The Curse of the Black Pearl
  • National Treasure: Book of Secrets

Please don't judge me too hard on my choices! I know some of these films are not well regarded, but they hold a special place for me (usually nostalgically).

That's what the question was all about. What movie(s) hold a special place for you?! Not for us to judge you on what movies you like/love!!❤

27 minutes ago, sfran43 said:

Probably not the most original answer but The Avengers I'll always be able to rewatch endlessly. I think partly cause I associate it with the real start of my movie fandom and probably wouldn't be on BoT if not for that movie

Any of the golden era Pixar films I can go back and rewatch and still love them even though most are now over 10 years old.

Edited by Darth Lehnsherr
  • Like 1

27 minutes ago, sfran43 said:

need to see it in cinema again...

• Like 2

Just now, sfran43 said:

That's what the question was all about. What movie(s) hold a special place for you?! Not for us to judge you on what movies you like/love!!❤

Thanks. Also I updated mine as I used the last two as somewhat filler because I couldn't remember the other two of five. (though tbf POTC1 and NT2 are close to making the list)

But my absolute favourite of the 4 I remember have to be Bridge to Terabithia equally with The Magic Roundabout. Both are very emotional for me (partially nostalgically)

• Like 1